Home

Rate this year's dribbling system.

This is a discussion on Rate this year's dribbling system. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How would you rate this year's dribbling?
1. Turrible, just turrible. 10 22.22%
2. Meh 11 24.44%
3. Okay, i guess. 14 31.11%
4. Pretty alright. 8 17.78%
5. Best everz! 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #9
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Rate this year's dribbling system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
2/5 The dribbling is a bit stiff this year, especially after it being very free last year. The dribbling may have more freedom of movement these years, but they've taken too many steps back with dribbling moves themselves. The controls have been more "pick-up and play" than when we had more moves. Like one of my favorite moves to do was the half spin to the basket while running away from the basket. They took it out and you can only do a less effective full spin. I think there needs to be more fluidity and moves to differentiate better ball handlers

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

Uh. So after reading this, other posts, and seeing what people do online, I'm going to ask: Does anyone else know how to actually chain the dribbles?

I'm asking because I do, but so far I see no one doing it. It's Size up, pause 5 seconds, size up. You can switch dribbles fluidly as far as size ups and standing dribbles in this system, but no one does.

So here's how for those that don't know: Think of it like a fighting game. Your Signature Size Ups are"Strong" attacks. Your normal dribbles are "Weak" Attacks.

You can do any number of weak attacks. You MUST follow a strong attack with a weak attack. You can NEVER follow a Strong attack with another strong attack.

So I can chain 2 normal dribbles into a Size up. I can Chain. A size up into a normal dribble into a size up. You can do this infinitely as long as you remember you gave to do a normal dribble in between your size ups.

Anyone that doesn't understand, send me a message on PS4 and I can show you in more detail.

This year is 3 out of 5, IMO. They took away a few functional things, but it's set up for chaining in a good way.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #10
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Uh. So after reading this, other posts, and seeing what people do online, I'm going to ask: Does anyone else know how to actually chain the dribbles?

I'm asking because I do, but so far I see no one doing it. It's Size up, pause 5 seconds, size up. You can switch dribbles fluidly as far as size ups and standing dribbles in this system, but no one does.

So here's how for those that don't know: Think of it like a fighting game. Your Signature Size Ups are"Strong" attacks. Your normal dribbles are "Weak" Attacks.

You can do any number of weak attacks. You MUST follow a strong attack with a weak attack. You can NEVER follow a Strong attack with another strong attack.

So I can chain 2 normal dribbles into a Size up. I can Chain. A size up into a normal dribble into a size up. You can do this infinitely as long as you remember you gave to do a normal dribble in between your size ups.

Anyone that doesn't understand, send me a message on PS4 and I can show you in more detail.

This year is 3 out of 5, IMO. They took away a few functional things, but it's set up for chaining in a good way.

I don't mind chaining, I've tried to chain together moves I think would be good and they work sometimes. It does help that I've played mainly as a PF this year to start so I haven't really gotten too much into the mastering of dribbling. But one thing I did like from 2K15 was that I could chain moves I liked without doing the obvious "cheesy" stuff.

One thing I do think should apply to everyone's opinion of the dribbling is how they take out moves unnecessarily and that big men should not dribble like an elite dribbling guard lol. Other than that, I do still think it should at least be fluid.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #11
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
I don't mind chaining, I've tried to chain together moves I think would be good and they work sometimes. It does help that I've played mainly as a PF this year to start so I haven't really gotten too much into the mastering of dribbling. But one thing I did like from 2K15 was that I could chain moves I liked without doing the obvious "cheesy" stuff.

One thing I do think should apply to everyone's opinion of the dribbling is how they take out moves unnecessarily and that big men should not dribble like an elite dribbling guard lol. Other than that, I do still think it should at least be fluid.

Im a Slashing SG, so I don't use it as often. I like using Economical, efficient, moves rather than chaining a massive dribble sequence. I keep it in my back pocket for cases where I've exhausted my repertoire. Normal sequence is nuts, and usually destroys a defender since most people don't know how to chain the size ups this year

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #12
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Quote:
Im a Slashing SG, so I don't use it as often. I like using Economical, efficient, moves rather than chaining a massive dribble sequence. I keep it in my back pocket for cases where I've exhausted my repertoire. Normal sequence is nuts, and usually destroys a defender since most people don't know how to chain the size ups this year

Same here with the SG, as of recently. The size ups are confusing to find a way to find a move to launch out of for most people. It's probably the main reason everyone uses the Crawford escapes lol. The size ups are great and I've found some I really like to use and you can get out of them just as well

Old 11-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #13
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Same here with the SG, as of recently. The size ups are confusing to find a way to find a move to launch out of for most people. It's probably the main reason everyone uses the Crawford escapes lol. The size ups are great and I've found some I really like to use and you can get out of them just as well

I use the Crawford in and out to set up my sequence. As soon as they reach for the ball when it would usually hit the end of the animation, I'm already in another sig Size up getting space to burn them on the close out.

I use the fact that it's the most seen in and out move to trick people.

Sent from the "Wolf of Rivet City", Via Tapatalk

Old 11-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

It's garbage to be quite honest.

If I have a big man on my guard I don't even waste my time trying to beat him off the dribble anymore.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:

I figured it out a while ago, I just didn't plan on telling anyone, tbh, because I didn't want the info getting out there to the wrong people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #16
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
I figured it out a while ago, I just didn't plan on telling anyone, tbh, because I didn't want the info getting out there to the wrong people.
Yeah. I was doing the same. I didn't drop the glitch dribble info though, that's a worse thing to get out, trust me.

I might have opened Pandora's box. We'll see though

Sent from the "Wolf of Rivet City", Via Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »