Home

Just patch the game back to the original 2k16

This is a discussion on Just patch the game back to the original 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just patch the game back to the original 2k16

2k16 out the box on day 1 was the best 2k ever made.

1.The ball was 100 percent live where as now i have seen too many times the ball morphing through players. Thats hand holding scrubs for being wreckless.

2. Shooting was where it should be . Learn your players shot wide open or not . But now its like Reddick cant miss and Mckelmore is prime kobe.

3. On ball defense was great.
Now i cant even stop blake griffin from just sliding right past my player for a dunk. What is this slide past animation in the game for anyway? You gonna punish me for trying to play defense? Wonder why nobody plays on that side and just let the cpu do it

4. Up by 10 points. Then My a.i. goes full brainless letting wide open layups and 3s left and right out of no where to tie the game back up

This game was near perfect out the gate i thought. My only gripe was and still is the constant magnetic passes for turnovers to keep the game close . Again its cpu generated to keep scrubs in the game.

2k16 has turned into 2k15.5 for me but now u can actually contest jumpers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Just patch the game back to the original 2k16

It may have been perfect to you but to majority the game had its problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
Banned

i'm with you quit this game came to a screeching halt after the patch. I'm trying to figure out how to delete it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
It may have been perfect to you but to majority the game had its problems
this site is nowhere near the majority. the majority was silently enjoying the original game not on the internet whining about it

Last edited by theycallmeyango; 11-14-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeyango
i'm with you quit this game came to a screeching halt after the patch. I'm trying to figure out how to delete it

this site is nowhere near the majority. the majority was silently enjoying the original game not on the internet whining about it

You actually have to figure out how to delete it? Seriously...figure it out? I gotta think you're just saying words, because if you truly need to figure out how to delete it then you have bigger issues.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Nah. Keep it how it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #6
Banned

People need to stop worrying about patches and just play. It is what it is. Everyone is playing under the exact same circumstances, either you can hang, or you can't.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There are pros and cons of this patch. I still feel like leak out passes are too accurate and transition d is still bad. On ball cpu d got nerfed but player defense us just as slippery as it was before. I do like the contact animation on the spin layup though. That's one cheese gone. I'd like it if those contact animations where a defender is wildly jumping at you resulted in a foul rather than a live dribble. Every missed shot still seems to result in a fastbreak opportunity if someone wants to force the action. Zone defenses don't seem susceptible to their main weakness which is preventing the offensive rebound. And the baseline shield that only applies to keeping the offensive player inbound really should be applied to the defense as well or eliminated for both sides. Poorly contested shots seem to go down at a higher rate, which has burned me but I actually like it. Elite shooters that can take you off the dribble should invoke that "oh crap" feeling in the defenders. My win percentage is still abysmal (I play exclusively with the Lakers to be fair) but it's definitely been on the uptick since the patch. Running plays actually seems to be rewarded now but I can't explain why. Maybe that's not so much the game but me making better decisions with the ball. I'll post my impressions as time goes by

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
You actually have to figure out how to delete it? Seriously...figure it out? I gotta think you're just saying words, because if you truly need to figure out how to delete it then you have bigger issues.
i haven't had a sony system since ps2. i had to look it up online when no one here would answer. seems like its more trouble than its worth since i'll be trading the game in anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
People need to stop worrying about patches and just play. It is what it is. Everyone is playing under the exact same circumstances, either you can hang, or you can't.
that's exactly my issue i was just playing and having fun before now that's gone. i'm fine with the 'i can't hang' thing it's just disappointing that a game i really liked has been taken away from me for no good reason

Last edited by theycallmeyango; 11-14-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »