Home

Abusing the transition game is far too effective

This is a discussion on Abusing the transition game is far too effective within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Abusing the transition game is far too effective

I don't know what the latest patch was supposed to "fix" in regards to transition D, but I have seen little to no difference in people simply able to turbo up the court over and over again in online games with little to no consequence.

Long-bomb passes need to be FAR less effective when thrown by anyone other than the absolute best passers in the game, and the stupid "celebration" animations need to be completely disabled from AI big men as they still fail to get back up the court at a reasonable speed after made baskets/free throws, etc.

Also wouldn't hurt to remove the "quick pass in" after made baskets animation as the turnaround time between making a shot and your opponents being able to get the ball back in is ridiculous compared to the speed at which your AI teammates get back.

As it stands it isn't close to actual basketball when people can just abuse this over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Abusing the transition game is far too effective

I agree, those passes are ridiculous, but there's a very easy solution:

Run back with your PF or C immediately after scoring. It works everytime!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Banned

I don't really have problem with passes going down, bit I had Westbrook legit get an inbound and turbo full court to baseline dunk 4 times in a row.

If Wbrook and some other players are the only ones who can do this, I'm fine with that.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The actual accuracy of the passes could possibly still use tuning....but it's nowhere near as effective pre patch....

You at the least you have a fighting chance because guys aren't standing idle during the sequences...
Old 11-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Are you guys on Xbox or PS4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned

It kind of seems easier, and more rewarding, to fastbreak and dunk rather than calling a play and getting an open jumper.

Online, offline, me, them and AI shot charts are clogged up red in the paint, a few red from 3, and tons of Xs from mid range. Nobody can make anything, so end up just turbo'ing at the hoop, getting dunks or fouled. Game after game, both sides.

Is anyone else seeing this in their games?

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 11-15-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #7
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
It kind of seems easier, and more rewarding, to fastbreak and dunk rather than calling a play and getting an open jumper.

Online, offline, me, them and AI shot charts are clogged up red in the paint, a few red from 3, and tons of Xs from mid range. Nobody can make anything, so end up just turbo'ing at the hoop, getting dunks or fouled. Game after game, both sides.

Is anyone else seeing this in their games?

Yeah, pretty much exactly this, it's such a bailout just being able to turbo at the basket and throw up some trash shot that either goes in or gets a free foul...
Old 11-16-2015, 04:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Transition isn't as bad as before but it's still bad. I've repeatedly mentioned bomb pass accuracy but yet I get dismissed or ignored. Limit the accuracy of these passes and people will have to inbound authentically. If it were that easy to inbound in real life, nobody would inbound in the backcourt at all. The next thing that gets me is even if you get back there's no pre-pass contact so even if a defender is riding the hip of the receiver there's no interference with the catch animation. They jump to catch it and they're pretty much free to attack the lane. Why this wasn't patched when the main problem we had was the transition is baffling. One other issue that I'm not sure anyone has noticed is that even if you get back on d with the whole team, your pg is "zoning" to a predetermined spur for the first few seconds of the shot clock. This presents an opportunity to attack and/or force rotations.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by YDBoUnCe; 11-16-2015 at 04:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »