Home

is this game starting to become patch 4 lite?

This is a discussion on is this game starting to become patch 4 lite? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: is this game starting to become patch 4 lite?

The positives as stated above is a small % of contested shots go in now. I think they could slightly lower it and things will be perfect.
But, if they tone down the game speed, dunks in traffic, dunk frequency, contested layups and fatigue by about 2 or 3 points the game would be great. Also increase the charging slider or change the animation and make the freethrows slightly a bit harder and it would be perfect.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:23 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Last I played it was actually hard to shoot . This was pro am and play now though haven't touched park.

Just make sure you are all in their grill as I think a 2k Dev said they nerfed the contest distance . Another tip that I've been keeping to myself : if somebody is wide open they seem to miss more as opposed to if you do a late contest which seems to boost the percentage .

Exactly!! And it's not natural at all, it shouldn't be like that. If you let shooters wide open threes could get missed in higher rates on the other hand if you Make a slightest effort to contest and got late boom shots falling all day long. It definitely is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Definitely heading in the direction of Patch 4. I liked MyPark much better when the game first dropped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #12
Rookie

The park has a bit of patch 4 lite going on but it can be stopped with communication and strategy. 2K does not let most shooters hit multiple shots back-to-back so there are ways around it.

On the other hand, Pro-Am is getting a bit out of hand. We're constantly matching up with teams full of undersized guards who scramble around shooting raining endless 3's. Before patch 3, I loved these teams because we could easily blow them out with smart basketball. In the past few days, these teams are the most challenging to play since those 3's are falling a bit too much now (contested or not).

Either the 3pt shooting needs to be tweaked a bit or the midrange needs to be bumped up so taller players can be more effective if their not paint players or outside scorers.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #13
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

3s are always too high or too low with people. If this were my game I'd get rid of the 3 point line all together and watch your guy's heads explode.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Mike Wang is able to adjust the shooting % on the fly, and he has not done so for weeks. This patch did not affect shooting percentages. It's all in your guys' head.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:15 PM   #15
Rookie

This is the placebo effect at its finest. Can't make everyone happy. As the old saying goes "if you constantly search for negative, negative you will find"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Mike Wang is able to adjust the shooting % on the fly, and he has not done so for weeks. This patch did not affect shooting percentages. It's all in your guys' head.
I find this hard to believe as pre patch I could hardly miss a mid range shot even semi contested, now I'm seeing myself and others miss wide open mids

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »