Home

Frustrating Online Lagging/Delay Issues

This is a discussion on Frustrating Online Lagging/Delay Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2015, 04:27 AM   #1
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Frustrating Online Lagging/Delay Issues

I need help with this issue that has been going on for about 2-3 weeks trying to play MyPark. When I am playing, my player is just delayed. None of this was happening when I had first started playing online. My dude was running and doing everything smoothly. Wasn't a issue at all.

Sometimes it's not that bad and I just don't have full control of my guy on defense, it just feels like you have your CPU assistance on 100 or something but mines is on 5. The offense would be somewhat normal. Then sometimes, it'll just be horrible and my guy will start feeling like a Semi truck and I can barely move him. When I stop, he's still going running out of bounds and everything. I am really fighting to control him.

This stuff also effects the shot meter. My shot meter will be moving very slow when the ball is already out of my hands. It's the most frustrating thing. My NAT used to be moderate and I changed almost every thing to open my ports just for 2K. My internet is good and everything, I had AT&T come out and everything. This lagging/delayed stuff only happens on 2K.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions? I've tried pretty much everything besides things I do not think will work like deleting reserved space (which didn't work) and deleting and reinstalling the game (Which I do not think will work either). Here's a vid of someone having the same issues I have. His was on 2K15 which I also had issues occasionally but not every time I play like now. But it's the exact same thing as 2K16.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUnu00veB28

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Frustrating Online Lagging/Delay Issues

Ima tell you right now, if it's not your internet don't even bother with all that...

I been lucky, but my friend was having problems connecting to parks I was in last year and disconnecting from games..and it wasn't his internet's fault at all. He tried a million different things and the only game ever effected was 2K.

I have that happen sometimes last year tho, part of the reason I took the shot meter off honestly. I'd say try 2K support but they'll just tell you to reinstall lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #3
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

There's always been input delay and now there's that plus lag.

Just the way it is. I hate it. But nothing i know to do about it.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:11 AM   #4
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Ima tell you right now, if it's not your internet don't even bother with all that...

I been lucky, but my friend was having problems connecting to parks I was in last year and disconnecting from games..and it wasn't his internet's fault at all. He tried a million different things and the only game ever effected was 2K.

I have that happen sometimes last year tho, part of the reason I took the shot meter off honestly. I'd say try 2K support but they'll just tell you to reinstall lol
Well, I reinstalled the whole game overnight. Honestly, I wasn't lagging anymore but I only got one game in. I was still lagging a little on defense. But man, I remember in 2K where it might've been a slight delay, but I was able to move like I wanted.

Going to pray it's still working good today though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
There's always been input delay and now there's that plus lag.

Just the way it is. I hate it. But nothing i know to do about it.

The lag I am talking about, there is no waiting for opponent or anything like that. It's just simply your dude is super heavy and the meter is broke. I mean, you can't really play the game that way. You definitely can't hold defense. It's easily the most frustrating thing that could happen to you in 2K lol.

I am hoping that reinstalling help fix it because I was also having audio problems mainly w/ Ernie and them but that seems to be fixed so far. Man it's just weird.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I can relate - I understanding what you're conveying, I have been there...

My lag problem no longer thrives and has calmed down to almost nil but I attribute it to pure luck of the server side dice roll. I believe this expense to our experience is on the 2k server side.

Pro Am used to be the worst and all I could really communicate to my buddies to help them understand was to use similar mac truck references regarding my mobility rates. I'd say it feels like a 500 pound body bag is strapped to my player.

It racked my brains... but the effect has dissipated almost to 0... my NAT is Open (using DMZ)... only side issue is my my player court is very sluggish with choppy animations and wonky hitches...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I used to also communicate to my camp that 50 game speed felt like 30 game speed in actuality compared to how my movements /inputs were actually being processed.

I definitely know where you're coming from.. I even tried a different display device (TV vs Monitor) but to no avail. It's not my Internet or hardware or software but it was ALL server side impact. I seem to be on a more stable 2k server now. All Online modes are suddenly playable from a competitive sense without feeling like I am handicapped by sever input lags and virtually loss of immediate control of my character.

It is as if control is rendered futile and cpu assistance is on max on max but seemingly you start to see it's your shot meter too... it is gaming purgatory and I hope you get your escape 😐

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree its more of a dice roll. Sometimes its worse than others. Part of the deal with playing online, which is honestly why I've avoided it for so long. Every year was the same, log on, play a game or two, and say screw this.

This is the first year i feel has been playable for the most part. i think the servers could always use improvement, but they are the best they've been in the series, in my experience. Occasionally for whatever reason they are a bit laggier than I would like, but thats part of the deal with online gaming.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I probably have to reinstall my game too, I was having problems in Pro-Am last night and when it crashes it won't load up 2K until I try about 10 times...

Same thing happened last year where it wouldn't load from the Xbox dashboard...once again, only 2K has these problems it's crazy.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »