Home

Pro-Am Xbox One

This is a discussion on Pro-Am Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2015, 01:04 AM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Pro-Am Xbox One

So I just tried 4 times to play as a team, froze every time and crashed the game...my friend that actually got in couldn't move, or even press start to quit...had to close the app too.

Is anyone else getting this?

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 01:23 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Pro-Am Xbox One

It's still really buggy on Xbox One. We get a lot of "black screens of death" and the "waiting for opponent" error message on a nightly basis. Guys will also get sent back to the Xbox dashboard and thrown back into MyCourt for seemingly no reason.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-18-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:27 AM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's still really buggy on Xbox One. We get a lot of "black screens of death" and the "waiting for opponent" error message on a nightly basis. Guys will also get sent back to the Xbox dashboard and thrown back into MyCourt for seemingly no reason.
That's weird, I played 30 or so games before tonight and only had a couple problems out of all them..tonight every one was like that.

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #4
Rookie

This always been the case for me

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2015, 03:02 AM   #5
Banned

For those of you experiencing these problems, have you ever checked your NAT Type in the XBOX ONE settings (I'm assuming you have an XBOX)...If your NAT Type is listed as Moderate, or even worse, Strict, it can severely impact connectivity in regards to Multiplayer games and Match Making...Ultimately, you want your NAT Type to say Open...If can send you a link if you need help figuring out how to set it to Open.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #6
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynniner80810
For those of you experiencing these problems, have you ever checked your NAT Type in the XBOX ONE settings (I'm assuming you have an XBOX)...If your NAT Type is listed as Moderate, or even worse, Strict, it can severely impact connectivity in regards to Multiplayer games and Match Making...Ultimately, you want your NAT Type to say Open...If can send you a link if you need help figuring out how to set it to Open.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The NAT thing is irrelevant now, and has been since last year.

Computer Science graduate here and I monitor packet travel when playing a variety of games. Before it used to be that your IP sends and receives packets to the person you are playing against. If there are more than one person in the game, then one person is designated the "host" and acts as the central hub that sends and receives packets to everyone. Here NAT would be relevant.

But ever since last year, 2K has been acting as that central hub for all online game modes. With 2K acting as the hub, this eliminated the 2K14 "boot" glitch where someone could effectively block your IP and you would receive the win. This was huge in MyTeam.

The countereffects of 2K acting as the central hub is increased latency, but that is very minimal (10-20ms). The benefits of this is if two different people have strict NAT, they can still play together due to 2K acting as the central hub. This is what Microsoft implemented in the Party System update a 5-6 months back. If you ever receive lag in a game, it is due to your own connection or the 2K servers. You will never experience lag due to the other person's connection in this model.

Here's a quick illustration.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 11-18-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Lol I like your technical explanation because I knew how it worked but not that correct terminology like you used.

Regardless, we all have Open NAT because I actually helped them with their routers when they had problems with that.

I'm sure this is on 2K's end, but it's just extremely frustrating when we all have tight schedules; once we're all on, and free, the game doesn't work and we have a wasted night.

Even more frustrating is the fact that we gettin losses out here for leaving games when most the team's gone...I have 1 legit loss and the rest are from that come on now.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »