Home

Just made a 6'3" PG and he's SLOW

This is a discussion on Just made a 6'3" PG and he's SLOW within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #9
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Just made a 6'3" PG and he's SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharahSoul
6'3 and feel slow..no comment
My buddy is shorter than me and gets Pg a lot in park even tho I'm better at getting people open. Not that it matters except for defensively. But a lot of times i get matched up against a SF or tall SG and even when i get them leaning and get passed them, i Still get a lot of blocks from behind if i do take it up.

Most of that is just slow Animations but I do thinK Speed doesn't matter much this year.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
Rookie

PharahSoul's Arena

I use my 6'9 SF his speed max out at 70. I can usually keep up with the point guards for the most part until they get past me or beat me to a spot. I can get chase down's on them as well. On top of that I don't have chase down artist so I see where you coming from with getting blocked from behind. Im usually guarding PG's. So yeah maybe speed isn't really a factor defensively. I agree
Old 11-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #11
Pro

Nah my pg is 6'0 220 and I'm always the fastest guy on the court unless someone is shorter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #12
Pro

Lol Y'all just aren't breaking certain animations correctly. 6'3 PG's are deadly AF if you know how to use them. It's not even fair sometimes
Old 11-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
My buddy is shorter than me and gets Pg a lot in park even tho I'm better at getting people open. Not that it matters except for defensively. But a lot of times i get matched up against a SF or tall SG and even when i get them leaning and get passed them, i Still get a lot of blocks from behind if i do take it up.

Most of that is just slow Animations but I do thinK Speed doesn't matter much this year.
The animations are the biggest problem with this game to be honest. The more "advanced" they systems and game gets the more of these animations I see and they just aren't realistic. If I have to approach this basketball simulation like I approach Batman or Assasins Creed where I'm trying to figure my next move and I can't just "play" then it's not a simulation at all. I can't drive to the pain a certain way or use certain moves because I know the animation outcome will leave me in a bad spot. That's not real.

Last edited by Reggie548; 11-23-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #14
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

yeah, you get the point game is heavily ridden by animations and that means if certain layup or dunk animation is slow, then it's slow doesn't matter if it's Wall or Kaman and that's the point where attributes become useless, especially agility, acceleration, movement, sprint, first step moves. I hate that everything depends on animations, there is also dunking animation from one of uber athletic tomahawk packages where dunker's head is on rim level and doesn't matter which player is dunking head is on the rim level, that sux !
Old 11-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #15
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I just made a 5'11 guard and i only have his speed to an 81 yet i feel like i get up the court faster than anyone else...

Even as a 77 overall i beat 90+ overalls up the court who i know have to have (close to) max speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #16
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

This game needs attribute limits and penalties, similar like RPG games, maybe it sounds lame but it's only way to bring up realism to this game. So to make it clear if you are making all around SF then as all around player he shouldn't have none of attributes at max because he's allaround and yeah no way 6'8'' SF can be faster than any guards, just there is no freaking way.

Another one, there should be good difference between 5'10'' guard and 6,3-4'' guard, small players should be penalized in rebounding category heavily especially very small players 6 feet and under.

This attributes system was very realistic in TES Oblivion, for example if you make warrior then your magic abilites can never reach max and you can't be wizard but you can be great warrior with swords and axes and vice versa.

Upgrading system with VC is to say at least pure bull****. If i take my credit card and put 100 € into my 2K game i can upgrade my player to the max in 10 minutes and that sucks, make attributes more realistic for example if your point guard consistently practice midrange shots and threes then he shouldn't be good defender or athlete because you can practice only one thing at the time..i could go on and on with this because i enjoy realism.

This leveling system here with these funny bars is most ridiculous upgrade system i ever saw, because rebounding category covers both off and def rebounds so if you are good def rebounder you become instantly better offensive rebounder because attributes are tied, where in reality offensive boards are different world from defensive ones, when you want to grab offensive rebound you need to boxout first and then to have good timing on bouncing ball..i don't know this game is just arcade to me, classic casual arcade game once was nba live.

I think i'm gonna sell ps4 and this game, bought ps4 mainly because nba and i was disappointed with 15 year ago and now same story with 16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »