Home

Traded draft picks on?

This is a discussion on Traded draft picks on? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Traded draft picks on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1
thanks everyone! does it take into account this situational ones? like the lakers pick owed to the 6ers if outside the top 3?
No. You have to manually move those yourself.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-07-2015, 05:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
No. You have to manually move those yourself.
Then why do the Celtics have 3 first rounders this year? IRL they have their own, Brooklyn's no matter what. And they have Dallas' if it falls outside the top 7. But in the game they have all no matter what. Like I said it depends on the situation.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll try to confirm this when I get home. No big deal if you have to move them manually. But would be nice if you didn't have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Then why do the Celtics have 3 first rounders this year? IRL they have their own, Brooklyn's no matter what. And they have Dallas' if it falls outside the top 7. But in the game they have all no matter what. Like I said it depends on the situation.
Because the game still has no concept of pick protection. Even if you trade your own picks you can't protect them outside a certain position. Hence the picks are already given to the teams even if it depends on where they fall. Boston has the Mavs pick, Philly has the Lakers pick and it's also the reason why you can accumulate several dozen picks if you want to. I traded lots of guys out of boston and ended up with 7 first round picks in 2016 another 4 in 2017 and 5 in 2018 plus about 12 second round picks in 2016 and 10 in 2017. I traded all the stuff from 2017 and 2018 in and ended up with 16 first round picks in 2016 which I then traded in just before the deadline for the worst teams picks which means that in my Boston game I ended up in 2016 with the number 1, 2 and pick, the number 5, 6 and 7 pick and the number 9 and 10 pick. Plus I traded my number 20 and 26 pick for the Lakers first rounder in 2017 . The crazy thing about that is that, I don't know why, guys who you drafted, even ****ty guys, get like 1 or even 2 stars extra which means you can trade like hell for them. Since I basically traded away everyone in Boston and their eventual replacements apart from Bradley, Sullinger, Smart and Thomas and then had enough cap left over to sign Beal and Howard I knew I was set for life. I only kep Ben Simmons of my picks, traded Bradley, Sullinger and Howard and ended up with an 8 man rotation of only 80+ rated players plus another 10 picks .

It's absolutely nuts that the game has no concept of the whole thing and even worse that the game apparently doesn't realize what you are doing. If any team would start stockpiling picks in the manner I did no team would offer them another pick just out of spite and they sure wouldn't trade in the pick of the worst team for 3 first rounders in 2017 and 2019 .
Old 12-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
The option to use real draft picks is in the game, but pick protections aren't. 2k did the best they can with giving out correct draft picks, but you have to move them around yourself if you want them to be accurate. Dallas could have the 1-7 and Boston keeps it no matter what so if you want to be realistic you have to move protected picks yourself.

If I recall correctly during my first draft I believe the only two picks that I had to move were the Lakers pick back from Philly since it fell 1-3 and Toronto had Denver's pick so I had to swap Toronto and Denver. The Mavs had the 9th selection so Boston kept it. If it would have been 1-7, then I would have manually traded it back to Dallas.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »