Home

"Michael Jordan" 2k or to good.

This is a discussion on "Michael Jordan" 2k or to good. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
"Michael Jordan" 2k or to good.

Was Michael Jordan too good or is 2k not good enough to really capture the essence of his Airness?
2k11 was maybe the best we have seen. But still!
It's gotten worse every year.
His animations are all weird and off. I thought for sure by now 2k would have advanced enough in 5yrs of making this guy in current video games that they could do him some justice. I know there was a thread about his image. But how is this not doable? I know there are other focuses such as gameplay and current stars to focus on. BUT THIS IS THE G.O.A.T!

1.His Jumper has gotten worse
2.LAYUP AND DUNK animations not touched since 2k11 and are not that accurate maybe 1 or 2 are close.
3.His face art has gotten worse.
4.I miss the one handed pump fake animations
5.One handed palming triple threat animation would be nice. Im sure I saw that in one of the games before. Maybe EA.
6.Calf sleeve was decent in past years. But this year it is stretched. LOOKS HORRIBLE!
7. He has been on so many covers where is the love for the GOAT.
8.So much footage of this guy on youtube it can't be that hard.
9.Shooting system in this game would not let him be successful cause of all the late releases he was able to make in his career.

So is it 2k or is he to good?!

PLEASE 2k PUT SOME EFFORT IN TO THE GREATEST.

What you guys think?

Last edited by dirtydizzle; 12-14-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "Michael Jordan" 2k or to good.

Be happy we have Mike at all.

I'm one of the biggest Jordan fan boys out there, I feel your pain, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

I've spent post after post after post trying to spread the word on things like this, and where as 2k have been great enough to grace us with legends teams in the first place, we all know aside from 2k11/2k12 - there's been little to no time invested on the classics whatsoever. If anything, they've been nerfed badly.

I personally love using Jordan this year as the game itself feels so fluid. Yes he lacks the signature flair he had in past games, but if used correctly, man, it's like being in the 90's all over again.

There's only so much heckling we can do about the legends - 2k sweeps them under the carpet most of the time in order to focus on current players and their strange little fantasy modes like my player or whatever it's called these days.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I felt the same way at first but I actually really like playing as him I just made his shoes more realistic and its pretty fun playing as him. They can always improve tho
Old 12-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
Rookie

But its just gotten worse as the game goes on. We are not talking about just anybody this is the greatest guy to play the game.

Its been 5 years.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydizzle
But its just gotten worse as the game goes on. We are not talking about just anybody this is the greatest guy to play the game.

Its been 5 years.
The greatest? They captured Kareem pretty well imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
The greatest? They captured Kareem pretty well imo.
Umm if you think so. You are not the only one that would have this opinion.
But he is not better Mike sooo... Ya.

I mean stats don't show Kareem is better. Michael also did more with less seasons in the league. But this thread is not about this. So yeah I'm happy you are a fan of Kareem's. Me too.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:17 AM   #7
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

OVR: 0

For my part i think we didn't really finished to play to nba 2k11 12 13 and even 15 on PS3 or 360 with Jordan.
I just made a video recently of the Dream Team against the Croatia on Youtube and that is the only one video.
Some Jordan subtleties havn't been really discovered but it is really exceptionnal to find them!
For example the One handed palming triple threat animation was really hard to find. I have ever done it just one time in 2k13 but after i missed my jumpshot (not in the vid lol)!!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanmike6
For my part i think we didn't really finished to play to nba 2k11 12 13 and even 15 on PS3 or 360 with Jordan.
I just made a video recently of the Dream Team against the Croatia on Youtube and that is the only one video.
Some Jordan subtleties havn't been really discovered but it is really exceptionnal to find them!
For example the One handed palming triple threat animation was really hard to find. I have ever done it just one time in 2k13 but after i missed my jumpshot (not in the vid lol)!!
I loved that protect the ball animation, and the lean back, they were great, problem is, they weren't exclusive to Jordan and they should have been.

Only a select few in the league did moves like that, it should have been part of Michael's signature package.

If 2k can spend their time giving guys signature celebrations etc - why not signature ball fakes and triple threats?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »