Home

eSports Coming to NBA 2K16 2K Pro-AM Early 2016, Huge Cash Prize & Trip to NBA Finals

This is a discussion on eSports Coming to NBA 2K16 2K Pro-AM Early 2016, Huge Cash Prize & Trip to NBA Finals within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: eSports Coming to NBA 2K16 2K Pro-AM Early 2016, Huge Cash Prize & Trip to NBA Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I still don't get why people want REC center back so bad. 2K just needs to add rep to Pro-Am but I don't see why it's a demand for rec when it's walk on.
Because it has the same atmosphere as park, except with 5vs5 games in an actual basketball gym. You can see who is streaking, who plays with who, interactions, etc. You could recruit from the rec center. Even with rep, I don't think ProAM would be as good as rec because the mode is disconnected from park.

With walk on and ProAM in general you can't even see who you are going to play until you get locked into the game. No fun getting locked into a game and having the other team quit out before half time because they are getting smashed/knew they were gonna get smashed.

They just needed to add two squad spots to the courts and it would have been all sweet.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #50
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: eSports Coming to NBA 2K16 2K Pro-AM Early 2016, Huge Cash Prize & Trip to NBA Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieicon91
Because it has the same atmosphere as park, except with 5vs5 games in an actual basketball gym. You can see who is streaking, who plays with who, interactions, etc. You could recruit from the rec center. Even with rep, I don't think ProAM would be as good as rec because the mode is disconnected from park.

With walk on and ProAM in general you can't even see who you are going to play until you get locked into the game. No fun getting locked into a game and having the other team quit out before half time because they are getting smashed/knew they were gonna get smashed.

They just needed to add two squad spots to the courts and it would have been all sweet.

I still don't see how REC is better than either of the ProAm modes w/ rep. You can recruit from Park games or even the walk on games; you'll be playing w/ randoms anyways. You don't have to sit around waiting for games.

I understand it's your preference, but I honestly do not think any of those things warrants all the demand about REC besides adding rep. But to make everyone happy, they should just make walk on REC and add two squad spots like you said. And we'll still have Proam/Crew. But I think all those modes should have REP. You shouldn't be dominating in ProAm and then when you decide to play Park a rookie 1 looking like a bum and etc.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Snuka
Dope.

Pretty sweet

Anybody need a beast C who plays with a high IQ?

Gamertag is Guilty1144 on XBO
pass 1st pg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestout51683
Looking to start a new squad? I am a pass 1st pg (How I play) Whats up Funk Snuka?
im a combo guard im mainly a pass 1st pg but im 6"5 usually play alot of 2
Old 12-23-2015, 12:12 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I still don't see how REC is better than either of the ProAm modes w/ rep. You can recruit from Park games or even the walk on games; you'll be playing w/ randoms anyways. You don't have to sit around waiting for games.

I understand it's your preference, but I honestly do not think any of those things warrants all the demand about REC besides adding rep. But to make everyone happy, they should just make walk on REC and add two squad spots like you said. And we'll still have Proam/Crew. But I think all those modes should have REP. You shouldn't be dominating in ProAm and then when you decide to play Park a rookie 1 looking like a bum and etc.
I'm sure you don't have to sit around waiting for games, but I imagine you live in America. In my country you have to wait upwards of 20-30 minutes to get a walk on game and that's during peak hours. Peak hours last year on rec I was getting getting games constantly. I've only ever seen more then 1 game going on in the walk on this year and I've played atleast 50 walk on games. It's sad how empty the rec center looks this year.

Last year I could go onto the American servers and play as my point guard with Americans and not get any lag and the guys I played with didn't lag either. This year I can't do that.

It doesn't help that the majority of people who I used to play with last year rarely want to play it because of no rep.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:26 AM   #54
Banned

How many people are running out to spend $ to max out their player now?

When you can pay to be better, and 3/4th of the controls can be done with one button, it is not Esports.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 09:53 AM   #55
Banned

I laugh these dudes crying that people will spend money blah blah blah. You can only spend money to 88 ovr and then you have to play to 99 and all badges. Just stop crying because I see no difference between a person who has a job and spends $20 to buy vc due to no time to play VS someone who sits at home all day and grinds the game to get same results.

Just stop!!! If 2K allowed you to buy your player to 99 and all badges then I would agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2855
Yeah this is a good idea in theory, but unfortunately when it comes to this game mode and myPark NBA dropped the ball because there are still players in the game that are 7'4 who can dribble, with speed that is just not possible. So as I said seems like a cool idea but this is not a game of skill its people who create ridiculous characters then buy the VC to have an unrealistic player.
This x1000. So tired of players abilities to run around the court endlessly doing a hundred crossovers along the way and when they are tired, just step back, fade out of bounds nothing but net 3 or drive to the basket for the between the legs, behind the back dunk with their 7 '3 center. Just eliminate that junk and I can honestly live with the scripted animations, out of bounds wall, disconnects from game, and inconsistent play as my 90 3pt rated sg. Goes 0/5 with near perfect releases, while the opposing sg 65 goes 4/4 with every shot heavily contested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »