Home

I cant play defense to save my life

This is a discussion on I cant play defense to save my life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I cant play defense to save my life

I'm only playing on all-star and I cant play defense. Yesterday kyrie dropped 44 on me, including the game winner that he didn't even struggle to get off.

today I was up 12 in the 4th on the nets and they came back and got the win on another last second shot that was too easy.

idk what I'm doing wrong. any defensive tips? thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 03:40 AM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Re: I cant play defense to save my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by walls17
I'm only playing on all-star and I cant play defense. Yesterday kyrie dropped 44 on me, including the game winner that he didn't even struggle to get off.

today I was up 12 in the 4th on the nets and they came back and got the win on another last second shot that was too easy.

idk what I'm doing wrong. any defensive tips? thanks in advance

i was saying in another post a moment ago that magic Vucevic scored 40 on me last night. Lol
pointers for consideration:
1. did u rest yor players enough to play the 4th?
2. cpu cavs is a cheat code. if u manage to get a close game, u aint that far from good. do u have videos to show how they scored on the last play?
3. are u playing against cpu or human? if himan, i need to know the human's tendency. not kyrie.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
Pro

I know what you say my man, defense is literally broken to the point where some imaginary fouls must be whistled no matter what. Many times CPU just runs down in the paint on 3 defenders, i hold just hands up, no blocks no jumping, yet i got foul plus some weird animation borderline flagrant with only hands up, this game when it comes to defense is heavy on tendencies.

If certain player have high foul tendency there is nothing you can do to play 'clean' defense without foul, only thing you can do is move away and let them score because every kind of defense will be considered as a foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 12-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #4
Banned

I HATE the bail out fouls. 24 made a post on foul logic tweaks for next year, and I think if they can improve that, would help a lot.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
Rookie

I swear the cpu cheats, but I hate to say that because I'm only playing on all-star and figured "i must just not be good enough" I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks this

it seems whenever I'm in the 4th quarter, shots I always make that are wide open never go in and impossible shots where I don't do anything differently defensively as I normally would, go in.

When I was playing against the nets in my original post, I was the knicks. Carmelo missed an open 10 foot shot, and then porzingis missed a wide open jumper off a screen that he makes 9/10 times. both shots were of "A" quality so I don't want to chalk it up as the cpu "cheating" but idk anymore

defensively, it just gets to the point where idk what else to do. I mean, i'm going up against the nets ffs, they have no star, am I just getting beaten in the 4th quarter, of all quarters, because I'm just terrible? I find it hard to believe, because I can score well on all-star and build double digit leads and then it all just stops in the 4th. makes the game so frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

- don't use intense D (L2 ps4) unless you need to body someone up. Trying to use it guarding the perimeter makes your player react too slowly.
- don't be afraid to adjust the defense assist slider (if playing offline)
- don't use turbo on defense when guarding on perimeter unless you are already getting beat. Using turbo and reacting to an opponents dribble moves can cause your controlled player to over-react and get out of position very quickly.
- try turning the shot contest to "Intense D". That way you have some control over contesting shots, but still get a little help. Automatic is way too cheesy for me, seems like I do a better job deciding on when and how aggressively to contest shots than the CPU does.

Just some things I do that help me. May or may not work for you and your play style.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

On-ball D is broken. You get sucked by the "who to guard arrow" making it impossible to effectively rotate on D. And if you see someone driving in for an open layup and switch to the center near the paint, he won't effectively go for the block as he'll be pulled back by the who to guard towards the center he's supposed to guard. There's no way to disable it.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #8
Rookie

The game needs a switch button. It would help in many situations expecially defending against P&Rs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »