Home

Is it just me, or do CPU-controlled teams not give their star players enough touches?

This is a discussion on Is it just me, or do CPU-controlled teams not give their star players enough touches? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Is it just me, or do CPU-controlled teams not give their star players enough touches?

So, I'm playing the Cavaliers in my Phoenix Suns MyGM run. And, I've noticed that Lebron James, who's definitely a volume shooter, doesn't get the ball a whole lot. And when he does, he doesn't do much other than pass. The leading scorer at the moment is Mo Williams with 10 points (granted, he's only scored 2 from the field, but has gotten a ton of points from the line). It's leading to my team verging on a blowout of the Cavs, when in the game should be much closer. I've noticed this while playing against other teams with star players, too. Outside of the PG's, star players at other positions don't get a lot of touches, and don't take a lot of chances.

Is it an attributes thing? Is it a slider issue? Is it an AI thing? Or is it just me? I'd like to see teams with star players taking more chances with the ball, and not just pass it off all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 02:44 AM   #2
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is it just me, or do CPU-controlled teams not give their star players enough touc

The CPU will take what you give it, if you are defending a star player well enough they will not force the issue until maybe the 4th until then they will be a distributer.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:12 AM   #3
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
Re: Is it just me, or do CPU-controlled teams not give their star players enough touc

I'm playing the Bulls in a playoff series.....Rose & Butler get a lot of shots....
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 12-29-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
I'm playing the Bulls in a playoff series.....Rose & Butler get a lot of shots....
Well, I should've clarified a bit further but... guards get a ton of touches in this game. For good reason, considering a large amount of the league's talent rests in the backcourt. But frontcourt players don't seem to get all that many touches outside of rebounds.

As far the defensive strategy aspect that was mentioned... in this game, I'm not utilizing any special strategy on Lebron right now. As of right now, he's 3/3 from the field for 6 points, going into the 3rd.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:24 AM   #5
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

curry has many, many. russell took more than KD partly bcos my deMarre Carroll was harrasing KD all night. really, i think its what we gave the cpu. last night magic Vucevic scored 40 on biyombo. argh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 05:06 AM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah the idea that CPU takes what you give it is truly in effect this year. I had CLE force feed LeBron in the post all game in one game , in another he was more of a facilitator....

I had he Clippers all but ignore BG in the first half, then in the 3rd and 4th he got all the touches...

You cant really go by a half or even a game depending on how it's being played. Seems time I was about to post about this kind of thing earlier in the year I saw something different the next half, lol

Big man touches have been discussed in another thread though...they are probably better then they ever been, but still need work..
Old 12-29-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

when compared to last year. I would say in 2k15 the elite star players played more aggressive, but the amount of shots and touches is probably the same.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

This is where it may be beneficial to use custom rosters when they become available. If you have XBOX One, I'd recommend trying the Simworld roster project which is set to drop in the next few days.

Those guys do a phenomenal job with the AI player and team tendencies, among many other things.

You can find the information in the OS Roster forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »