Home

Running a 3-Out, 2-In Pick & Roll Offense in NBA 2K16

This is a discussion on Running a 3-Out, 2-In Pick & Roll Offense in NBA 2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Running a 3-Out, 2-In Pick & Roll Offense in NBA 2K16

The '98 Jazz playbook only has three plays that are specifically designed to create an open three point shot, but they are all highly effective, and you can call them for any player on the court who has shooting plays assigned to him:

'97 Quick 13

Quick 2 1-4

Quick 42 1-4

The more screeners you have with the "brick wall" badge, the more effective these plays will be.

They also don't include many secondary options, so if the first shot isn't open, then you'll probably want to manually call for a pick & roll, isolation, or post-up.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

What about when you have a wing player who can't stretch the floor out to the three-point line? I have this problem with Shaun Livingston when I bring my bench unit in. He's too valuable in other ways to take out of the rotation because he can't shoot threes, though.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 01-31-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
What about when you have a wing player who can't stretch the floor out to the three-point line? I have this problem with Shaun Livingston when I bring my bench unit in. He's too valuable in other ways to take out of the rotation because he can't shoot threes, though.
Shaun Livingston's long arms and 6'7" height make it easy for him to pass or shoot over smaller defenders in pick and roll situations. I would run the side pick and roll at the free throw line extended instead of the high pick and roll at the top of the key so that he'll end up in the mid-range area if he's open to shoot since he can hit those middies pretty reliably. If you can get into a close range jumper he's almost automatic at a 96 rating.

Livingston can also post-up smaller guards and get lots of easy points in the paint if the defense doesn't double team him.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »