Home

Turnovers in reality VS. 2K

This is a discussion on Turnovers in reality VS. 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Turnovers in reality VS. 2K

Ok I will try my best to explain my point here, what I think is that there are some cases in a real NBA game causing turnovers which could never happen in 2K, the ball will be flying everywhere and you just don’t know who can get it which happens quite a lot at times during a game when both teams don’t have the rhythm going, ice cold basically as plays are not being ran smoothly.

For 2K, it is still a video game at the end, so teams turn the ball over on a few occasions which are all predictable, teammates unable catch the ball so it flies out of bound, good on-ball defense leads to bad dribbling and the ball slips away from the players’ hands, is only these two ways I can think of.

So I am the type of the guy likes adjust the sliders and then play the game, then compare the stats with the game that played in reality and see if they are close, for this turnovers case, the 2K game should have less turnovers than in reality because there are turnovers that just don’t happen in the game and I should not increasing the steal slider, pass interception slider just to have the numbers matching correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 05:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Turnovers in reality VS. 2K

The problem as I see it, is that the AI reacts to the controller input, so is too aware of whats happening next. Before passing animations even happen you can often see the CPU defender in the air waiting to intercept it. You throw an oop and they can change direction instantly and jump at ridiculous angles and even more ridiculous heights.

In order to make the game challenging, they have to throw this crap in, otherwise everyone would blow the HoF cpu out of the water each game.

I'm genuinely hoping they're working behind the scenes on completely rebuilding the engine, whilst they apply band aids each year to the current one, because it's just messy and definitely affects the enjoyment factor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »