Home

NBA 2K17 MyCareer: What I want from MyCareer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 MyCareer: What I want from MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2K17 MyCareer: What I want from MyCareer

I know it's a little early for wishlists but I've been playing 2K16 since release and while its MyCareer is solid, it's not perfect, at least in my eyes, so here is a list of things I'd wanna see from next year's edition. Just to state, I won't mention anything about college in high school here as I think it should be left out unless 2K plan on implementing it with our own personal choice of minutes and without some gimmick or backstory. If we play college hoops in 2K17, let us do that without some corny BFF ruining the experience.

1. 82 game rookie season.
Right now, we haven't had an 82 game rookie season. 2K14 was actually fine after the first couple of games but still, I think too much sacrifice has been made to the experience for the sake of story. The only time we remember these storylines are when they do ridiculous things, like Centers playing Point Guard when they had the flu game. Just a regular 82 game season with full playoffs is what's needed, or newcomers to the mode will lose interest quick.

2. MyCrib/MyHouse
I think MyCourt was a good start, it gave us the free practice gym before games like we had in 2K15 and with some nice customisation. What I'd like to see is for that to expand into a full house with us being able to choose between styles (penthouse, condo, mansion etc) and then customise it as we choose. I'd also like this to affect public perception of us. Maybe if we choose a more humble looking house our social media will mention it and our popularity will increase and vice versa. It's not gameplay related but it adds customisation and with enough options we'd all have a different experience.

3. Contract negotiations and free agency.
2K16 took a big step forward in terms of free agency allowing us to negotiate with different teams and see their rosters, but we only had three teams to negotiate with. What I'd like to see is more team options and who they're also looking at in free agency and their contract demands. This could then allow me to decide who fits best with my style of play and also negotiate a lower paying contract to allow the both of us to join. This means we could sacrifice our own monetary gain for winning and get potentially bigger bonuses for winning, or bigger contracts with a need to play hero ball to win. The idea of money is something I wanna expand on a little later. But within the negotiations there could be championship/all star/all nba bonuses etc, so the smaller contract with better teammates could actually get us more money.

4. No more VC
This is never gonna happen due to the power VC has in 2K nowadays but I really think the MyCareer-exclusive economy is the way to go. I go back to MyCrib and the contracts because they all affect each other. If MyCareer used real dollars as currency it would allow a lot more variety to things. By negotiating our contracts we could afford a bigger house or negotiate ourselves to a point where we can only afford a smaller house. This would affect all things MyCareer related; shoes, accessories, training camps. All of these would have an in-game price (doesn't have to be accurate to real life) and we would have to balance our needs between improving our play or our lifestyle. Further to this, I'd like to see pay checks come monthly, rather than per game, like in some of the older 2K games so the emphasis on thinking before buying was stronger.

5. Training camps/signature skills
Finally, I want training camps. I can't remember if we had these in the past but I know they're in MyGM and I'd like them in MyCareer. These would be run by former NBA players in areas of their own expertise, perimeter defense for Gary Payton or post offense for Hakeem etc. So by attending these training camps we earn our signature skills (by calling them these I'm foreshadowing a return to the old system of 7 rather than unlimited badges). This removes a lot of the Rookie Casual stuff people do (I'm fine with it I just wouldn't do it myself) and it shows a sign of mastery, if somebody has the perimeter lockdown badge you know they put in work with Payton. These would be maybe limited to 10-20 camps per offseason but it at least would give us something to do in the offseason and it refreshes the badge/signature skills system.

So there's my 2 cents. Some of them are possible, others won't happen but it'd be great to get some feedback or additions to these ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K17 MyCareer: What I want from MyCareer

I just want smarter AI teammates.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

The ability to tell my coach I want to d up on a particular player. I need this so hard.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloLFC
1. 82 game rookie season.
I agree completely. We should be able to play every single game. The store can be in there, just let us play too.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
Pro

Just get rid of story, i don't need to play adventure/drama storyline besides regular basketball, just give me basic/fundamental part of basketball and that's gametime without any actors, moms, dads, ceecee's and such BS.

* Summer league is a must have for MyCareer

* Attributes being broken into individual skills, i'm sick and tired of tiers and this current format. (if i play C and want to increase my FT i must also increase my 3pt shoot, like wtf)

* Option to play as backup, rotation guy, swingman, sixth man..i don't want to be next freaking LeBron

* Ability to edit my body, to recreate myself into the game as i have stronger upper body and thinner legs currently i'm not able to do it because every MP is kinda same more or less.

* Smarter teammates, if i play on team with selfish players i want to see that, if i play on team with superstar player i want to see that player taking over games not to pass me ball in 4th with 0:30 left on the clock..not realistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Better substitution logic...
Old 01-31-2016, 08:23 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena