Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2ManD
- Spacing issues, players too fast, too big.
- Passing.
- Hesitation 3, Jamal Crawford sizeup, Aldridge release. MyPark cheese fest mentality. I thought they were cutting the cheese.
- Broken stamina (how did they manage to break it? In 2k15 was perfect).
- Getting stripped driving to the paint.
- Midgets blocking giants.
- Mid-range game inexistent.
Lol midget blocking Giants
Old 02-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It really takes me out of the game man . I have good shooters , my opponent is playing zone I feel like I should make him pay . I understand real life doesn't work like that but this is a video game . What's the point of me strategizing if the game is against me ?
I say the same exact thing when users are playing offball defense in online quick matches. I used to expose that ish in 2k15. Run around the 3pt line wit Bradley Beal and Paul Pierce? Excellent release every time, JUST because the CPU didn't play close like they do in '16. Only way to stop me is to play user defense and then I play real basketball. Other than that, I guess Beal's scoring all the points

Gaah I miss '15.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #91
Just started!

Biggest pet peeve for 2K16.

"Gameplay is fine " Are you guys f****** serious ???
All I see are massive errors in gameplay .

Solid Objects/Solid Players :
Heres an idea 2K. Make all the players solid. Make the backboard solid. Make the coach solid. Make the bench chairs solid. Make the Refs solid . Make the cheerleaders solid. Make the mascot solid and so on.
I know you have to use low poly 3d models for gaming , if you can incorporate resistance in the game through the controller , then you should be able to make everything in the game more realistic in reality. Other game developers have managed to do it successfully.

This is the only sporting game I know of where my opponent can get a clear shot at the basket through my head , chest , arm ..or be able to block my shot with a hand through the backboard , rim .

And now to add insult to injury in the latest version they ensured at the offensive end , opponents become rigid and therefore produce turnovers whilst Im dribbling and driving to the basket . Also the defensive movement is to also cover my shooting hand . As in run through it.

Offensive basket / Goaltending
Is it just me or is this just gone to a whole new level of stupid !! Ive clearly Blocked shots heading up into the basket . Grabbed clear Rebounds that have come up off the rim . Add to this my hand or fingers passing through the ball.
Whistle blows !! Come on 2K . Fix the problem ..

Dribbling :
Clear uncontested drives through the lane for a dunk or layup to be dragged 10 feet across the court or into a pack of opponents.

Yoyo Ball :
In 16 there are far more instances of balls doing the most bizarre things. Turning at right angles .Clearly heading out of bounds but doing a magic bullet and ending up in an opponents hand.
Being bounced forward but going backwards . Bouncing through defensive players on fast breaks but coming back to players dribbling hand .

Steals :
Ive also noticed a clear disadvantage created in stealing the ball. On the defensive end . Opponents pass the ball chest to head height . Eliminating the prospect of a steal .
The direct MyPlayer response is to always move low . Also pressing steal sends you in motion 1/2 way down the court .
Whereas on the offensive end , all the defensive players become rigid and put hands and arms out .

Speed/ Reaction time :
I have to say the reaction time for MyPlayer is rubbish!!. When on defense players darting up down left right . In a lot of cases opposition players with same height weight are outrunning and out manouveuring me . Also running down the court is ridiculous. Rookie players 7'2 360 lbs running faster than 6'6 210lbs SG. Defensive players mirror your every move whereas its a struggle to do the same on defense. Now we can add , defensive opponent running ahead of you.

Coaching Grade :
I think this either needs an overhaul or piss it off completely. There are numerous instances throughout a game where Im given a directive , Offensive or Defensive where Ive already done a considerable amount . "Score when you get the chance " . As an example , as a SG Ive usually gotten 10 , 15 , 20 points in the quarter to be given a Coach grade at the end of C+ or even D or F . At this stage Im being double teamed so Ill pass the ball for Assists. Again in defensive mode the same is true . "Play hard defense ". Ill always pick up a steal or a block or two , but the Coach returns C , D or F .

AI in Commentary :
You get used to hearing the same comments game in game out . I like the Half-Time show with Ernie and Shaq. But at least include correct statistical reporting of the previous season. Ive swept teams . 4 - 0 , 3 - 0 , 2 -0 . To be told last season we lost the series 1 - 3 . Include some highlights like 13 did.

Footnote :
I think for a really enjoyable gaming experience its about getting the simple things right and 100% before you incorporate major changes. In this instance I have to give 2K16 a 4/10 . Because there are some serious gameplay issues from previous releases that havent been addressed . Animations are slightly better as are the graphics. But MyCareer outside the 4 games in College was crap !

NBA 2K17
I would hope the developers really sit down , work on and fix these long standing issues. Improve the 1 on 1 play offensive and defensive and get rid of the transparent player problems. Also human movement and reaction . Because its way off .
As for the MyCareer. 16 was a load of racist crap!!! . Freq Vibrations Im mean seriously!!
Basketball is now a fully International Sport as is the NBA. You only have to look at the 14 and 15 Draft Class to realise its dominated by Europeans , Australians , Asians etc .
So MyCareer should reflect this . Not everything associated with the NBA comes out of the US or is African American for that matter.
MyCareer should have an International direction. I like the College entrance scheme . MyPlayer should be created , enter college but develop the skills during this time . Play a full College season before the draft.
Include more Season relevant cut scenes . Rivert back to 2K15 for Agent interaction. And 2K14 for Coach interaction. You should be able to influence the makeup of your team . Include more oncourt cut scenes . Talking to opponents during the game even . A fight ! A scuffle . Include Olympic years as well as FIBA Championships.

But most importantly , be able to play out your Rookie Season . The last 3 Editions weve had - 8 games in the Season , be free agent drafted with 28 games left or wait on the bench until you get game time .

Last but not least more interaction during a game. Half time or huddle . Use the pie chart scenarios to chose directions for the game . " youre 4 points down , 46 sec on the clock " ... etc etc .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #92
Rookie

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

1. MYGM trade scenarios are wholly unrealistic and have nothing to do with basketball logic.

2. Guaranteed momentum shifts: if a guy can't score against me who cares if I beat him by 100 points. Don't go and let this guy have a stretch of three straight contested threes made by guys who shot 20% from deep while I miss consecutive wide open threes with Steph and Klay.

3. Stop lying about the CPU IQ. It's not universal. It only benefits the CPU. My teammate CPU's have no idea how to play basketball. I don't care if I quadruple team the man with the ball, you don't leave the man one pass away open to go guard someone on the other side of the floor. Nor should I play good defense for 23 seconds only for the game to warp my man wide open for a perfect release before the shot clock buzzer.

4. LOL at all perfect releases not being an automatic bucket but the CPU doesn't miss open shots. Ever. Hardly any shots for that matter. Doubled, tripled, hell I've even blocked several shots, got credit for the block and teammate grade but the shot doesn't even change trajectory and goes straight into the basket unimpeded. I think my favorite is playing good D, knowing you played good D and even getting the good defense teammate grade boost but the CPU has no problem scoring the ball. But the same moves don't have the same effect the other way lol guys who can't guard their shadow stay with you move after move. Six crossovers and two screens but JJ Redick stays with you, rips you clean and goes the other way. Said nobody ever.

5. NUMBER ONE PET PEEVE: 2K tweaking things for the worst 2K players ever. I knew this game was going to crap when people started complaining about players like KD/Steph "making everything or making incredible shots" and suddenly 2K patches the game to calm the trolls, meanwhile, players don't even play like themselves anymore. Stephen Curry is a below average jump shooter on 2K because they've patched his shot so much. I could've sworn the initial reason for the patch-ability was to continue to improve the realness of the game. Not to aid the guys who suck and want an even playing field with folks like myself who've been playing 2K since day one and played basketball most of their lives. Sorry Ronnie. Sometimes people are just that much better than you.

6. Honestly can't believe anyone at 2K sports has ever played basketball because players run away from the ball and the pass more than they meet it. If a defender decides to make a play it's almost as if they give them the lane and allow them the path to the ball. And my favorite is when you pass the ball to a guy and one of your other teammate's walks directly into the path of your path and brings his defender. Basketball has never worked like that lol

7. Foul and rebound logic are non-existent. I shouldn't have to have 15 attributes on rebounding for a player to catch the ball that comes directly to him. And the ticky tack foul called for CPU vs major contact fouls not called against the CPU ratio is like 6:1 at this point.

8. Can't forget the directional passing. I have no idea what the settings are but the game doesn't respond to the stick. It's impossible to enter the ball to the high posts or short corner because guys throw the ball across the court directly at the defender. And don't lecture me cuz I've changed all the settings several times over and tried everything from barely moving the stick in the direction to pushing it full force. It's just a wonky, crappy system.

Last edited by theflyesthoopa01; 02-14-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:11 PM   #93
Banned

WISports's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

One of my pet peeves: ball/rim physics

There needs to be more variation of shots inside/close to the hoop. Way too often are shots in the paint/close to the basket banked in. More than there should be.

Also, way too many made close shots are nothing but net (even the banked shots). Very unrealistic. Kills the immersion some.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:17 PM   #94
Rookie

Small defenders seem to be able to shut down big guys very easily these days with a higher steal rating.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #95
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

The community on Twitter and YouTube that just constantly have nothing good to say at all and always respond with "rep boost", "locker codes", 100000 All Star Pack Opening OMG I PULLED THE GOAT blah blah blah.

Not really much you can do about these types of people but it's so frustrating sometimes.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 02:48 PM   #96
Pro

OVR: 14
I have one major pet peeve. With better consoles and ch2k8 and nfl2k5 in your library, the lack of a weekly show in my league and a working halftime and post shows is starting become ridiculous. The other game's haltime shows kills this one. Again its only pet peeve but a major one in my eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »