Home

Career Mode in MyLeague

This is a discussion on Career Mode in MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0
Career Mode in MyLeague

Was curious if anyone else did this, just started a MyLeague and made my guy and put him in the draft class and am using player lock. So far having a good amount of fun playing the Summer League, dont know why that wasnt in MyCareer but oh well.

Was wondering if other people do things to make things interesting. Looking forward to have some impact on who is in the team in the future. Have all the team controls set to auto for now but after a while ill take more control over the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Re: Career Mode in MyLeague

I did this but didn't stick to it. It wasn't that anything was bad it's just that I didn't like everybody leaving their teams in FA. But the summer league was really fun.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #3
Pro

I do it! Its my preferred way to play. I give myself fair stats or use the base stats of say a rookie player. Then I set goals like trying to win rookie of the year and using in season training to build my character.

I just need player lock to watch the game from the bench and I am set. The fade to black is a bit of a bother when you come back and down by 20.

My Career had some good things this year but I like to have some control on who joins the team and not end up with a bunch of cpu generated players. This is just one of the reasons why I left my career!

I recently discovered all the off seasons My League and My GM and now I am really into it. It feels more realistic to watch the CPU make good decisions in the off season for choosing players. Using a custom roster and a downloaded draft class adds a lot of fun and depth. Once they get year to year saves its over for other sports games.

I really like My League you have complete control. I am now trying My GM because I like the feedback players give but the type is so hard to read LOL! I hope they fix that.

Other than that wouldn't play this game any other way super fun especially when the player models look so realistic and the animations and game play to me are so good this year!

Have Fun!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

dreGawd's Arena

Ima try this
Old 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought about it as i can make a Magic Johnson type player who brings up the ball yet on defense doesnt have to deal with crazy athletic pg's but i can let him guard the sf instead.

Also i dont have to deal with bs stat caps preventing me to ever be like Magic in mycareer. Will start out at like 80 overall probably and add some key badges.

Might just play all 5 and no player lock though or mix it up.

But what about tendencies (do they change as i play?). And do i automatically gain badges?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also i would like to go to the team who wins the lottery and play with them. Can i change teams even when i dont do 30 team control??

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

I do it, it's the best way to play
Old 02-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. Usually would do it w/ my cousin and play on the same team. Haven't did it this year though.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »