Home

Where is the African Content in NBA2K?

This is a discussion on Where is the African Content in NBA2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Where is the African Content in NBA2K?

For the last three years there has been exactly zero content involving any country from Africa. Why? There all kinds of countries represented in this game but not an African one. There's even a LGBT shirt for sale.

Even trying to make a Red Black and Green outfit for the park is a task. Especially with The Bucks not being Red and Green anymore. I know that isn't a color scheme for a country's flag but it is the color way for the African-American flag.

For the last few years I have been tweeting this subject but never garnered a response, until yesterday. I @ed around ten highly respected and involved members of the 2K community and posted this topic. Hours later I received a tweet from 2K Support(who I didn't even tweet) which instructed me to post my concerns at forums .2k .Com for higher visibility.

I posted this there at their site but the traffic seemed low to me. It may be because I'm used to the traffic here which is a mix of all sports games and more while their site is basically 2k oriented.

I can't be the only person with this want right, or am I?

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where is the African Content in NBA2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
For the last three years there has been exactly zero content involving any country from Africa. Why? There all kinds of countries represented in this game but not an African one. There's even a LGBT shirt for sale.

Even trying to make a Red Black and Green outfit for the park is a task. Especially with The Bucks not being Red and Green anymore. I know that isn't a color scheme for a country's flag but it is the color way for the African-American flag.

For the last few years I have been tweeting this subject but never garnered a response, until yesterday. I @ed around ten highly respected and involved members of the 2K community and posted this topic. Hours later I received a tweet from 2K Support(who I didn't even tweet) which instructed me to post my concerns at forums .2k .Com for higher visibility.

I posted this there at their site but the traffic seemed low to me. It may be because I'm used to the traffic here which is a mix of all sports games and more while their site is basically 2k oriented.

I can't be the only person with this want right, or am I?
Keep trying to get your ideas to 2k hopefully they will respond.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMansaMusa
Keep trying to get your ideas to 2k hopefully they will respond.

They just need to make a shirt that says Congo, Egypt, Madagascar, Kenya etc. It isn't really that hard.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 02-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
Banned

There is nothing from Ukraine either but I don't expect them to have a shirt for every single country in the world.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

Yes but is there even one from an African country?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
There is nothing from Ukraine either but I don't expect them to have a shirt for every single country in the world.
No offense to you or the Ukraine my friend, but there have have been WAY too many contributions from NBA players who are from African countries to be overlooked and under represented in a videogame that shares the NBA's likeness.

We're in a time where diversity is in the forefront of our country. Including more cultural clothing reflecting the players that actually play for the NBA would definitely show that 2K has their ear to the streets and know what the people want.

How can we have Noche Latino jerseys and Chinese new year clothes , LGBT gear and even a whole section dedicated to Marvel clothing but African culture is missing?

Hakeem olajuwon
Dikembe Mutombo
Steve Nash
Nicholas Batum
Serge Ibaka
Luol Deng
Bismarck Biyombo
Victor Oladipo
Manure Bol
Festus Ezeli

These guys are from Africa or have African ancestry. Its only fair that they be represented in 2k games moving forward. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
No offense to you or the Ukraine my friend, but there have have been WAY too many contributions from NBA players who are from African countries to be overlooked and under represented in a videogame that shares the NBA's likeness.

We're in a time where diversity is in the forefront of our country. Including more cultural clothing reflecting the players that actually play for the NBA would definitely show that 2K has their ear to the streets and know what the people want.

How can we have Noche Latino jerseys and Chinese new year clothes , LGBT gear and even a whole section dedicated to Marvel clothing but African culture is missing?

Hakeem olajuwon
Dikembe Mutombo
Steve Nash
Nicholas Batum
Serge Ibaka
Luol Deng
Bismarck Biyombo
Victor Oladipo
Manure Bol
Festus Ezeli

These guys are from Africa or have African ancestry. Its only fair that they be represented in 2k games moving forward. Just my 2 cents.
Steve Nash, Nicholas Batum, Luol Deng, Victor Oladipo? Your credibility just went down the toilet...

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 02-15-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #8
Rookie

I would love to see some African decent clothing in the game. It needs more diversity. Black culture is neglected in this game believe it or not. It was just til they patched it midway last year that we got more of a selection or black style haircuts. Any type of clothing I would be happy. Hats, shirt, or even a pair of accessories

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »