Home

totally frustrated with mycareer player

This is a discussion on totally frustrated with mycareer player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #17
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: totally frustrated with mycareer player

I didn't buy VC, but I did buy the game. I don't play online, would rather go to the gym and play.
I stopped play 2k in January. This is the earliest I lost interest in the game in about four or five years. The turn overs are to much for me. I also got tired of the over powered hot and cold streak logic. The Third and Fourth Quarter shot misses and team turn overs made the game un-rewarding.
I could likely learn to live with some of the bad streak logic if the turnovers caused by animations and not game play could be removed from the game.
NBA players don't dribble off of other players legs and hips, or lift the ball into a defender when shooting or passing.
Not sure I will buy the game next year. I made the mistake this year of buy the game digitally so can sell it to Game Stop. I've learned my lesson.
Live is likely to be better next year so may be the game I buy.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: totally frustrated with mycareer player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDavid
I didn't buy VC, but I did buy the game. I don't play online, would rather go to the gym and play.
I stopped play 2k in January. This is the earliest I lost interest in the game in about four or five years. The turn overs are to much for me. I also got tired of the over powered hot and cold streak logic. The Third and Fourth Quarter shot misses and team turn overs made the game un-rewarding.
I could likely learn to live with some of the bad streak logic if the turnovers caused by animations and not game play could be removed from the game.
NBA players don't dribble off of other players legs and hips, or lift the ball into a defender when shooting or passing.
Not sure I will buy the game next year. I made the mistake this year of buy the game digitally so can sell it to Game Stop. I've learned my lesson.
Live is likely to be better next year so may be the game I buy.

I can relate with some of your thoughts, i've personally enjoyed 2K so much on last gen jump to old gen didn't bring anything better at least for me, it brought 3 steps forward for graphics and 2 steps backwards in terms of gameplay.

To be honest i think they do need some serious competition because in this situation even a mediocre 2K release will be best basketball game of the year because lack of competition. I also play it rarely these days whereas for example 2k14 i played almost until the release of 2k15 and that is for me at least some indicator how good game is/was.

Things i don't feel this year are mostly related to gameplay. Stupid turnovers (my players passing ball into opponent hands even when i icon pass, not to mention regular pass + direction). Momentum feels very cheesy where one team trails -15/-20 and then all of sudden they create run of 15-0 in less than a minute. I've seen very few blowout games and good teams play good but bad teams also play good with that generated momentum.

I don't have issues with anyone dropping 30, it's NBA for god's sake but some things just don't feel right. For example in MyLeague in year 3 i've seen some pretty weird things and i've listed them here.

* In year 3 of ML in Atlanta top scorer is Kent Bazemore with 21.7 ppg while Teague chips 7.5 ppg and Millsap 9.5 ppg
* Milwaukee Bucks roster rotates only around 8 players so practically that means other 7 players have 0ppg and DNP every single game.
* Generated rookies are either great or pretty bad, no in-betweens, late bloomers, 1st round bums and such things, it's pretty straight forward either new rookie is borderline All-Star or waive candidate.

I don't feel whole MyPlayer thing also, putting attributes into tiers is such a arcadish idea (2nd year in a row), Parks look like they made for Twilight Zone (giant fishtank? rooftop courts?), instead some rundown ghetto courts with some NPC people standing around, Venice Beach maybe..like they done for blacktop on oldgen and it felt damn good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4jL1VrC0A (isn't this much better)

All in all i play and buy the game, i'm big fan of series and i will buy it as long as i love basketball but honestly they took serious nosedive in terms of gameplay. Surely nextgen brought flashy graphics and even more detail but also took a step back regarding gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »