Home

NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #49
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

You definitely shouldn't make every wide open shot. That is just crazy to me.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #50
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I'll go out on a very fragile limb and agree with this. I know I'm in the minority on this but please hear me out. Let's focus on the meat of what the poster has typed. They are talking about wide open shots (assuming no defenders within 6') on a green release.

What we know, we were given the shot make percentage chart about a week ago. This was the chart that showed what your MyPlayer attribute number is in comparison to what a real life shot percentage would be. So keeping the posters premise in mind, let's say you are dealing with someone who has a 95 or better outside shooting attribute. What is causing that shot to miss?

So, if you are wide open, have a green release, shooting from a hot zone, with shooting badges. Those are all measureables that would tell me the shot is going in. 2K has informed us that green releases don't mean a make 100% of the time. Given all the variables I just listed, why? What am I missing? It makes me think some misses are arbitrary. Just curious what people think could be causing misses in perfect situations.
This is why the idea of perfect releases is flawed, IMO. There are so many variables in a game that can affect as shooter, and it's not just defense. I listed a bunch of reasons in another thread, but you might have bruises from getting screened earlier, or a hard foul. Psychological issues. Any number of things.

It's never a circumstance of: "I'm the best at shooting, I never miss". If that was the case Curry and Thompson wouldn't have 1 for 15 games. Arguably Curry is untouchable on shooting, by the logic presented here he should never miss wide open In the real world.

The video game argument is passe, since simulation is a thing. In all honesty, you can keep the meter, I'd just get rid of the concept of a green release. Take out the automatic hits. Change the feedback system from perfect/good/bad to Good/Okay/Bad.

Basically erase the phrase perfect from the game. Perfect is a phrase that makes these arguments possible. It's easier to explain to someone why an open shot missed if the feed back says "Good shot". It's infinitely harder to explain/Justify missing a Perfect shot.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 03-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
NBA 2K16 version 6.10. Completely different than the title you bought.. And changes every month depending on who jeers loudest on Twitter.

Tired of being a 60$ beta tester.
haha, pretty sure I remember your first post. You went from nah we sim, to 2k = trash pretty fast.

I definitely have many issues with 2k, to the point I just put it down awhile ago, but I disagree with this post. It's important for a team to continue to fix/balance the game.

The real issues would be that they need to find a way to balance the game around more complex strategies.

Meaning: the actual issues aren't percentage based as much as they are just being highlighted by various other issues. BUT nobody wants to see teams shooting 70% threes.

EVEN IF STEPH CURRY CAN HIT 77 IN A ROW IN THE GYM.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #52
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
haha, pretty sure I remember your first post. You went from nah we sim, to 2k = trash pretty fast.

I definitely have many issues with 2k, to the point I just put it down awhile ago, but I disagree with this post. It's important for a team to continue to fix/balance the game.

The real issues would be that they need to find a way to balance the game around more complex strategies.

Meaning: the actual issues aren't percentage based as much as they are just being highlighted by various other issues. BUT nobody wants to see teams shooting 70% threes.

EVEN IF STEPH CURRY CAN HIT 77 IN A ROW IN THE GYM.

-Smak
Honestly, as far as advanced strategies, maybe add actual boosts for catch and shoot, and coming off an off ball screen? Bring back the Catch and Shoot badge?

Nothing promotes actually running plays, or playing an advanced strategy.

Also: Give us a pro am play book and a practice mode for the plays. That would be optimal(And I bet the few that got good at it would tear cheeseballs apart)

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 03-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Typically when you're used as a Guinea pig, you get paid for the trials but instead I spent $100 (including preorder night discounted VC) to get a game that I have to readjust to every time I play it. Not to mention that in 2016, we're playing a basketball game that is still controlled mainly by animations. 2K raved about how basketball IQ and playing the right way would be rewarded when it's really who can create the most favorable animation opportunities.

They've also tweaked their responsibilities post-release because when my file actually corrupts, I lose VC I paid for all because 2K doesn't want to feel taken advantage of. It's sad to see such an extensive partnership come to an end but just like I ended my 19 years of loyalty to the Lakers this year, it's time I give up on the 2K series.

It's sad they jump at the complaints of all the more popular community members but I, a basketball junkie, player and coach have volunteered my services free of charge on several occasions to improve the quality of the actual basketball game with no response. At least Live gives you a real basketball experience. I'd be better off playing NBA Jam.

Just FYI, if you disagree, I don't care. Save yourself the carpal tunnel in typing a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #54
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Too much random monolouging about nothing and not enough feedback.....it feels damn near perfect right now IMO...please no more changes
Old 03-12-2016, 06:07 PM   #55
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyesthoopa01
Typically when you're used as a Guinea pig, you get paid for the trials but instead I spent $100 (including preorder night discounted VC) to get a game that I have to readjust to every time I play it. Not to mention that in 2016, we're playing a basketball game that is still controlled mainly by animations. 2K raved about how basketball IQ and playing the right way would be rewarded when it's really who can create the most favorable animation opportunities.

They've also tweaked their responsibilities post-release because when my file actually corrupts, I lose VC I paid for all because 2K doesn't want to feel taken advantage of. It's sad to see such an extensive partnership come to an end but just like I ended my 19 years of loyalty to the Lakers this year, it's time I give up on the 2K series.

It's sad they jump at the complaints of all the more popular community members but I, a basketball junkie, player and coach have volunteered my services free of charge on several occasions to improve the quality of the actual basketball game with no response. At least Live gives you a real basketball experience. I'd be better off playing NBA Jam.

Just FYI, if you disagree, I don't care. Save yourself the carpal tunnel in typing a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off topic but the Lakers go through a rebuild for a couple years and you give up on them? Lol.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Too much random monolouging about nothing and not enough feedback.....it feels damn near perfect right now IMO...please no more changes
The nature of changes is just as much feedback as the actual change itself...

You, yourself "please no more changes"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »