Home

How to do a standing lob effectively

This is a discussion on How to do a standing lob effectively within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Calling plays to do a standing lob effectively..

Im using this nasty method as a part of my Pelicans scheme, This team is crazy good cause of their badges.

You can do this with any team with a PG that have Lob city passer and a C with Lob city finisher, Mavs were the best team to do this with, I converted 9/10 once in a online game with Williams and McGee , I guess cause the alley animation with McGee is the reason why I was so successful, but they took McGee out of the rotation, So I moved on to the Pelicans.

Tier 1
Pelicans
Nole
Davis

Magic
Payton/Jennings
Gordon

Clippers
Paul
Jordan/Griffin

Tier 2
Pistons
Jackson
Drummond

Tier 3
Pacers
George Hill
Paul George (At PF or C only)

... to name a few

Heres the trick, Whoever that you want to do the standing lob with, you have to take off the PNR play assignment, like if Davis default play assignment is PNR, put none in that spot, cause if you have PNR play assignment, he would be the pick and roller not the standing lobber.

How to run the play
This is hard to explain but I run with 2 point guards with Holiday and Norris Cole, If i call the play for Holiday, He would be the one that needs the ball to start the play, we give the ball to Cole who would be starting the play in the corner, This is important, give the ball to Cole after a rebound or made basket, call the play of Holiday (We just want the play formation) wait till the play is set. Curl around Holiday who will be using for a makeshift screen, this will force the C defender to help leaving the Alley ooper open...

**Note most of the time the SF defender will rotate to help on the C, that will leave SF wide open, I will go over a full scheme with the Pelicans if you guys want me too..

I know most of you guys dont run plays so Im willing to explain my scheme if need too.

My record, my only loss with the Pelicans is being disconnected
 photo 37b45bac-db5c-4e16-bbab-cd240902ff67_zpsftsnhp2f.png

Last edited by Law504; 03-11-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »