Home

Why does everybody like 2k14 so much?

This is a discussion on Why does everybody like 2k14 so much? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why does everybody like 2k14 so much?

Yea passing is a lot better now in 2k16. Agreed there.

The one think 2k14 does is the smoothness of animations transitions when doing dribble moves. 2k16 is the best it has been on NG, but 2k14 is so smooth and responsive. I imagine this is just a product of time. 2k14 was 8 years in the making and they nailed it...2k17 I'm sure will improve on this.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #34
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Passing is great, but a lot of the passes are so slow a lot of the time. I do like the amount of options with the passing though. Just need an increase on the speed of the passes and remove the awkward overhand passes when you're two feet away from another player.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #35
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Yea passing is a lot better now in 2k16. Agreed there.

The one think 2k14 does is the smoothness of animations transitions when doing dribble moves. 2k16 is the best it has been on NG, but 2k14 is so smooth and responsive. I imagine this is just a product of time. 2k14 was 8 years in the making and they nailed it...2k17 I'm sure will improve on this.
Yeah that's what I was saying before....I was very impressed with the animation blending going back and playing...hopefully were building back toward that as they continue to add things....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #36
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I don't have a problem with the passing on 2K16. The only thing that frustrates me is that the directional passing doesn't seem to be as accurate as previous games.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:40 PM   #37
MVP

How many of you have gone back and played some NBA 2K14/11 before posting that they were better than 2K16 overall?

2K11 was the biggest biggest improvement over previous iteration of the game and thus is in the fondest of the memories (oh God them layups and block *jizzes pants*) but the only reason I remember 2K14 as being great is because of PC mods.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:30 AM   #38
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
How many of you have gone back and played some NBA 2K14/11 before posting that they were better than 2K16 overall?

2K11 was the biggest biggest improvement over previous iteration of the game and thus is in the fondest of the memories (oh God them layups and block *jizzes pants*) but the only reason I remember 2K14 as being great is because of PC mods.
I actually regularly play some of the old 2K's honestly. I still have an association from 2K11 I play all the time. That's how good I personally feel that game was. There's some aspects I think 16 has done unbelievably well in. I've been tweaking with rosters/sliders for months to try and get it to play right.

The delay is what kills me more than anything. I can't work around it or look past it. I'm in practice, do a spin move from a stand still, doesnt activate for 3 seconds. I don't think my tv has bad input delay but maybe I'm wrong and that factors in. Who knows? I think at least part of it falls on 2K and I just hope they keep improving this series.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 03-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 3

I played 2k14 (ps3) yesterday.... Question is, how many of you all dismissing it have recently played it? 2k11 was good for its time, but it was rather rigid. I could legitimately give a list of 10 gameplay elements that were better.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 03-27-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

NBA 2K11 was great, but it shows it age for me at this point after playing it last month...

2K14 I've been playing recently, and for every "I miss this", there's a "I'm glad I don't have to deal with this any more"...great game as well, but it definitely wasnt all sunshine and roses, lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »