Home

2k Promotes Selfish Online Players

This is a discussion on 2k Promotes Selfish Online Players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
Rookie

reese45mc's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow 2k Promotes Selfish Online Players

I don't mean to go off on a rant here.... a.l.a. Dennis Miller

Since continuing playing Park since the first week of the games release I have noticed over and over the number of Legend 1 players are in abundance. Thinking they would be more seasoned than the rookies and pros i chose to play a few games with some random legends being a All-Star 3 at the time. Well this soon proved to be futile as well over 80% of the Legends I played with were in the mindset of chucking up shots and playing no D. This could be a result of boredom with the mode, which is quite possible, or a internal flaw to the game which rewards this style of play over that which may lead to a teammate grade of A+ which 2k has been pushing for a few years now. I tend to lean towards the latter.

For the first half of the 2k season I played all Pro Am walk-on and Arena. There I found exactly the same style of players when i reached the Park after not playing for 4 months. All pass first, bad passing, no defense oriented players. Rarely you would come across of player or two that could be added to your friends list to be reliable in a pinch when nobody from your main squad was on. Well after a good month of playing at the Park I have found that no matter the level of experience shown, the attitude of 90% of these high ranked players is exactly the same. The inclusion of Park cards lends the game towards an arcade NBA JAM feel which is useless, and the attribute upgrade of each Park adds benefits that make some player types impossible to guard, such as a 6 foot PG who can run by everyone, step back cheese, Dunk like Aaron Gordon, and shoot like Steph from downtown. There is only one Stephen Curry but 2k has made it quite easy to create his likeness in the game which overruns the system with the game play I believe 2k is looking for. I could be wrong.

So now you are probably asking for solutions to the problem. Well i am not a game creator, nor have I been asked to help design a very flawed system. At the end of the day 2kSports wants to make money and that will always out weigh the desire to make a game which only one type of gamer is going to enjoy, because you know they have to get that VC Money rollin in. If you just look at the record that the top Legends in the Park have accumulated you can see how bad the system works. There are glitches, there is plenty of cheese to be had, and there is no community voice inside the 2K office that is actually addressing the core issues. Running a live stream every Tuesday and not discussing what gamers are actually dealing, but meanwhile promoting money making ventures such as VC and MyTeam cards which eventually make profits for the company, leave a huge void for the hope that money one day will become less important than experience.

I welcome anyone from 2K to invite me to a chat or visit so I can easily explain where and what is keeping them from becoming a Michael Jordan of the video game basketball world. Let's not forget that EA Sports has been #1 and they are actually releasing games again.

Thanks for reading
Twitter @Reese45MC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #2
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Re: 2k Promotes Selfish Online Players

They need to really do away with Park cards.

Badges are enough, stop enabling people who can't win with skill.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

They need to show FG% and assists on the matchup screen. That way idiots stop chucking up horrible shots. Half these guys are standing there with their 30ppg thinking they've got bragging rights. When in reality they are shooting like 20% and have 1 assist per game.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

I don't think there is anything they can do at this point. 95% of the community relies on finding ways to exploit the AI and the game itself. 2k has become an exploit to win game, the only thing you can do is create a game where actually using basketball logic trumps exploits.

even then i'm not sure that would fix the community. I play people all the time in every mode who have awful records and even while getting blown out by ridiculous margins still continue to repeat the same exploits that got them into that deficit in the first place.

maybe they feel like it works sometimes they don't need to actually learn how to play the game? I honestly don't know what you can do when the VAST majority of your player base just plain sucks at the game, have absolutely no intention of ever actually getting better, and are ok with just finding the easiest way of breaking your game and sticking with it for a whole year until the next game comes out to do the same thing.

Last edited by Biizz713; 03-24-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

I have actually found many people that play actual basketball. I play as a SF, and constantly receive friends requests for the way I play. I can play D on any position, rebound, shoot, and create off the dribble. If I don't have an open shot, I don't force it, and always throw it out to the open man. You just may be unlucky in the fact that you haven't found any good users to play with, but I have come across many with my mentality, and will usually win every game. Just keep trying, you'll find someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
Rookie

I don't think these people are selfish I just think people don't trust randoms. No one trusts others they haven't played with or don't know so they try to "ballhog" as a result. Unfortunate but very true.

GT:Power TNF
Old 03-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Online gaming promotes selfish players.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Online gaming promotes selfish players.
which is crazy because it didn't start out that way. I remember when I first got xbox live set up on the original xbox, there really weren't any scumbags. people didn't camp in Halo 2, people didn't wreck you on the first turn in NFS:UG2, people didn't cheese in Madden/2k... it was so much more legitimate I have no idea what went wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »