Home

2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played

This is a discussion on 2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played

IT seems like almost everything you do has a 1 or maybe even 1.5 second delay on it.

- dribble moves initiating one second after moving the stick
- your player catching the ball on a catch and shoot (he's wide open) but it takes two seconds for him to get set and actually shoot, by then he's covered.
- Many times in this game my player has moved in a completely different direction than what I moved the joystick to. resulting in turnovers.

And lastly, dribbling and iso motion is probably the worst it's ever been.

WHY is everything sooo slow, you can't get anything off when guys are pulling up and creating space in half speed. I need to go back and play 2K11 seriously, before shooting got completely messed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2K16 has some of the most unresponsive controls of any game I've played

Is this Online vs other human players? Either way, it could be terrible input lag you're experiencing.

I used to have this experience. 15 and previous 2k series were fine but 16 intoriduced input lag for me. I happen to clear the issue some months back and am input lag free now.

It can be fixed but 2k seems to be very sensitive to online configurations for networks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I play on a Gaming PC monitor now and have my network set to open via a DMZ setup assigned to the Xbox 1.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Is this Online vs other human players? Either way, it could be terrible input lag you're experiencing.

I used to have this experience. 15 and previous 2k series were fine but 16 intoriduced input lag for me. I happen to clear the issue some months back and am input lag free now.

It can be fixed but 2k seems to be very sensitive to online configurations for networks.

It's offline play. I don't have any input lag, don't see any on other games.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

Dribbling is unresponsive. Many times when I've tried to do a dribble move and my player will just go the opposite direction and dribble of someone's foot. When the defender is pressuring you it doesn't let you break out of it with dribble moves. It will have you stand there for two or three seconds then all you can do is move with the left stick. This happens at halfcourt too. I try to go behind the back or crossover my player won't respond and will just step over the line and turn it over.

Lead passing has also been unresponsive.

Sometimes certain button will be unresponsive or just won't work. I actually played a game yesterday where my left and right bumpers were completely unresponsive. I wasted my pause time changing, batteries, switching controllers, switching to usb. Then when that didn't work I had to call a timeout and map my buttons around. I played two and a half quarters with D-pad up as RB and D-pad down as LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

It's not input lag. Gathering after receiving a pass to catch and shoot is not lag. They are just things 2k added to help aid in opposing team runs. That and the magnet pulling towards "who to guard. Everything else is responsive except for certain things which occur more during an opponents run. Sometimes crossovers can be delayed when turboing across the court because your player will throw the ball forward and run faster to catch up to it.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

It's by design to give human opponents a chance to react plus a little rubberband AI thrown in for good measure.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

stupidest is the whole struggle with your dribble when crossing a defender over animation, and the worst part of the game is the awful directional passing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »