Home

Alley-oops Are Extremely Glitchy

This is a discussion on Alley-oops Are Extremely Glitchy within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #9
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Alley-oops Are Extremely Glitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
My friend threw an oop to Bhullar (7'6 Indian dude) and he jumped up, missed the ball, but had his whole body flying through the backboard how high he jumped.

It's very rare I throw an oop and it looks realistic or pretty.

Did a fantasy draft and tried to use some plays getting young Shaq open down low for some backdoor oops, forget about that..it doesn't matter how open or good your guard is it's just not gonna work.

Like this?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I notice when playing with those freak sized players. They don't have the right animation for them. It just seems everyone has the same type of jump animations.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I notice when playing with those freak sized players. They don't have the right animation for them. It just seems everyone has the same type of jump animations.
7ft and above players jump same as Westbrook because they got same animation lool, noticed that too when Marjanovic caught alley oop and jumped literally on top of backboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Defenders get lightning reflexes and 60" verticals when an alley oops is thrown. I threw a lob from two feet behind the three point line at the wing to Ariza who was cutting baseline and Amir Johnson jumps straight up at the free throw line and swats it. I had a screenshot of Winslow's hand nearly at the top of the backboard to swat an alley oop.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Exactly what I was talking about.

Can't find the Winslow one but here's Inglis doing it. The receiver didn't even leave his feet.

Screenshot-Original (2).jpg

Even Dirk can do it in this game. I know someone is going to say that Dirk should be able to do it because he's 7' but here's Dirk getting abused on lobs. He doesn't have the reaction time, leaping ability or quickness to stop them.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #14
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Alley-oops Are Extremely Glitchy

I don't have too many problems with them and it's better than everyone being able to abuse them. I do think they have problems balancing overpowered mechanics and they end up hardly working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 03-29-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:53 PM   #15
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Talking Re: Alley-oops Are Extremely Glitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I don't have too many problems with them and it's better than everyone being able to abuse them. I do they have problems balancing overpowered mechanics and they end up hardly working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know I'm one of the biggest mouths on here when it comes to balance, but this year oops originally felt right. I see the glitch jumps to block them, and the like, but at least you could stop them. They weren't super abusable this year, but something in the last few patches did something.

I find it funny that my myplayer has trouble putting one through on Rookie/Casual. Superstar, HOF, fine. Those difficulty settings should punish things like oop spam. But I blow 1-2 easy ones a game on rookie/casual. That's crazy to me.

I know this parallels my shooting arguments earlier, and I'll never expect alleys to be automatic. But should a guy who doesn't even jump generate enough defensive presence to cause a guy who's head is at the rim already catching a routine lob to brick?

/rant.

It's all good, I'll stick with normal passes and normal dunks, adjusting accordingly.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #16
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Perfect!

The only way I stop alley oops in this years game is to stand in front of the dunk. He will either cause the dunker fail animation. Or the dunker will miss the dunk. I've been doing it since release. Just stand there and dunker will mess up.
This might be one of my biggest pet peeves about the alley oops. Just because the player can't jump up and catch the ball and dunk it doesn't mean he is just going to give up on the ball completely. Almost 100% of the time the ball drops right next to the player who failed the animation and they just stand there and watch it go out of bounds or watch the other team grab it

PSN: TheDom45

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »