Home

Road to MyPlayer Balance

This is a discussion on Road to MyPlayer Balance within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Road to MyPlayer Balance

I'm quite sure the staff already has whatever system they're going to use in place for 2k17, and this will probably fall upon deaf ears, but I have a couple of ideas that hopefully something somilar can be implemented sometime in the future.

Badge system:

I personally would like to see a limitation on the badge system in order to balance play online. If the number of badges allowed to be actually equipped to a MyPlayer can't be limited, then definitely limit the number of gold and silver badges allowed. I would be in favor of limiting Gold Badges to about 7, Silver Badges to about 10, with the rest being stuck at Bronze. That way, even if someone wants to sit back and grind 50-60+ badges on Rookie Casual, they would be forced to contemplate what badges they really want to focus on to compliment their playstyle. That, to me, would help create much more balance.

Also, restrict certain badges from being unlocked by certain positions, as this currently creates a competitive imbalance. Ex. - Deadeye on PFs and Cs. The imbalance comes from the fact that front court positions cannot unlock Perimeter Lockdown Defender, and as such, have no possible way to deal with Deadeye (or Shot Creator) on an outside PF/C. And positions that CAN unlock it are too short to truly contest specific shot animations if placed on an outside C.

The return of the Catch & Shoot badge. This kind of goes without saying.

I had an idea that I would like to see used for arena Pro-Am in the future, since many players want to have a bench. Instead of using a base team like 2k11 (let's be for real, most teams would have GS/Spurs/Cavs as their bench), I would suggest having a linked player to your main MyPlayer:

* He wouldn't have to be used at all in MyCareer, and can access the same badge pool as the main MyPlayer
* While the main MP would have access to 100 attribute upgrades, the bench player would be limited to 50
* Instead of 7 gold badges and 10 silver badges, he would be limited to 2-3 gold, and 5 silver

In that way, the 'bench player' would be forced to fill a very specific role.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Last edited by Caelumfang; 04-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Road to MyPlayer Balance

I like badges based on player build. Some badges already use this requirement such as post and perimeter lock down defender.

I'm basically pro for this and would like 2k to use this as a system for all badges. Bigs should not be able to get crossover badges nor should they have access to enable size up dribbles.

Badges should also come with a prerequisite rating for them to be unlocked. Again, in my player mode some badges already have this as a requirement - I want 2k to use this information as a system and do it for all badges. So if you want acrobat for example: you will need at least 80 on your driving layup and will need to be inside or Balanced player build.

2K would also need to stop allowing practice boosts to count towards badges... then an inside player will not be a able to play on rookie and get all the shooting badges... limitless range should require at least a 80 3pt rating

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
Banned

I'd just completely separate park and MC. That way, there are no badges at all in park. No rookie casual career grind for badges and hotspots, and everyone plays from a level playing field.

I'd also get rid of the ranking system, and go back to 2k14 of overall ratings only. One of the biggest problems with park is the number of people who jump off got next when legends hop on the other spots, and the amount of legends that refuse to play with anyone but another 2 legends.

2k is only interested in VC sales, so let everyone buy mascots, tigers etc for 100k vc from day one.

TO encourage people to play properly,I'd also like a sort of summary of VC earnings.

Example:

VC Earned: 100

Bonus VC:
5 assists = 250 vc
Alley oop finishes = 50vc

Total: 400vc
Penalties: Held the ball too long x 5 = -500vc
total payout 0 vc

The amount of idiots that just get the ball do hesitation, hesitation, Guard 1 size up, kobe escape etc for the entire shot clock is just absolutely destroying park imo.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:12 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Thought the badges were ok, but the lack of control on how I built my player sucked. I have a way that I like to build my player each year. I generally start with ball control, then passing, then focus on the athleticism attributes, then move to dunks (for inside scoring), then on to shooting, and finally defense.

This new system took all of that control away from me. Couple that with the lack of a decent My Player character editor (where's the one from NBA 2K13????) and this just isn't 'my player'. It's NBA2K's player. Not mine.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:30 AM   #5
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

I love everything you guys have mentioned in this thread. I'm ready for some change. I play as a PF and managed to get killer crossover badge the other day. No way in hell should I be able to break anyone's ankles with this 7 foot guy. I see no issues though with outside bigs having deadeye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
I love everything you guys have mentioned in this thread. I'm ready for some change. I play as a PF and managed to get killer crossover badge the other day. No way in hell should I be able to break anyone's ankles with this 7 foot guy. I see no issues though with outside bigs having deadeye.
Thank you.

My issue with bigs and Deadeye is that there is literally no counter for it on, say, a 7'3" C. No opposing big can negate it with Perimeter LD, and anyone who CAN get it is too short to truly defend the shot anyway. That, to me, creates an imbalance.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
Pro

I am OK with power forwards who can shoot trey's ala Ryan Anderson, Kevin Love, Channing Frye..etc. Thing is if someone is going this way with their player then these players shouldn't be athletically dominant. You can try to kill me with treys with PF but for the love of God, don't dunk like Wilkins/Carter on my defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 04-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
I am OK with power forwards who can shoot trey's ala Ryan Anderson, Kevin Love, Channing Frye..etc. Thing is if someone is going this way with their player then these players shouldn't be athletically dominant. You can try to kill me with treys with PF but for the love of God, don't dunk like Wilkins/Carter on my defense.
And this is why playstyles need to make a return, else people will build their MyPlayers mostly the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »