Home

Paul Milsap 5th in DPOY voting

This is a discussion on Paul Milsap 5th in DPOY voting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Paul Milsap 5th in DPOY voting

I made a thread about the Hawks team defensive rating not being accurate earlier this month. Some disagreed.

Now my question is whether or not Paul Milsap is severely underrated by 2k on the defensive side of the ball? The metrics say he is a top 10 defender in the league, and now he has been voted 5th in the DPOY voting. I personally think Horford is a better defender then Milsap, but that is me going with the eye test.

Is Milsap a better defender then 2k believes he is?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Paul Milsap 5th in DPOY voting

Is Milsap a poor defender on 2k?
Old 04-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Is Milsap a poor defender on 2k?
60's and 70's in everything other then 81 steals and 95 pass perception. His shot contest and on ball def both in 60's. Def consistency is 75.

Settings I play on.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
60's and 70's in everything other then 81 steals and 95 pass perception. His shot contest and on ball def both in 60's. Def consistency is 75.

Well to be fair, a majority of the big men in this game have lower defensive ratings it seems.

Seems like that to me anyway. Hard to find that many outstanding big men defenders in this game. At least with high ratings.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Well to be fair, a majority of the big men in this game have lower defensive ratings it seems.

Seems like that to me anyway. Hard to find that many outstanding big men defenders in this game. At least with high ratings.

I think I disagree with you, but I will look at the other bigs before I make a definite comment. I know that 2k believes that Splitter is a better all around defender on 2k then Horford or Milsap, but I think that is because he was a Spur last year.

I think there are at least 10 bigs that have 80 plus ratings in multiple defensive iq categories. Additionally, there are a quiet a few bigs with defensive consistency ratings over 80. Nico Mirotic being one of them.

I would also point out that all of the other guys that received DPOY votes have high defensive ratings in multiple categories, and that Milsap is only over 70's in 2 categories. He seems to be graded way lower then the other elite defenders.

Settings I play on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 08:52 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I think I disagree with you, but I will look at the other bigs before I make a definite comment. I know that 2k believes that Splitter is a better all around defender on 2k then Horford or Milsap, but I think that is because he was a Spur last year.

I think there are at least 10 bigs that have 80 plus ratings in multiple defensive iq categories. Additionally, there are a quiet a few bigs with defensive consistency ratings over 80. Nico Mirotic being one of them.

I would also point out that all of the other guys that received DPOY votes have high defensive ratings in multiple categories, and that Milsap is only over 70's in 2 categories. He seems to be graded way lower then the other elite defenders.
You're probably right. Just feels like only 10 bigs over 80 in a few categories seems really low.

I did a search not long ago for a big that could play defense and it just felt like not many had a gold post lockdown defender badge.

But I'm probably just being stingy and there are more than I think.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:18 AM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

That's pretty cool didn't know Milsap was such a factor on that end.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »