Home

Offensive and Defensive Consistency Is Brutal On Play Now Online

This is a discussion on Offensive and Defensive Consistency Is Brutal On Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offensive and Defensive Consistency Is Brutal On Play Now Online

If you are not playing with a top tier team or going against a team better than you, your offensive and defensive tendencies for your players will turn into straight trash.

Your team will not defend whatsoever. They won't contest jumpshots, they won't pick up spot up shooters.

On offense, OMG. You will suffer the worst offensive droughts. I play with the Suns right now, multiple games against Cavs and Warriors users, total trash users, I have went on 2 to 3 minute offensive droughts while ahead.

I missed layups, wide open 3 point shots and even dunks.

I have had my entire bench get cold rings.

I had shut down the Warriors 3 point shooting jut for Harrison Barnes turn into Dominique Wilkins.

Point is, before the patches and etc. I could actually have consistent offense with lower tier teams against top tier teams. Now, it's brutal.

Oh and playing defense with a low tier team...you gotta do everything. The computer is trash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Re: Offensive and Defensive Consistency Is Brutal On Play Now Online

I haven't played in a bit but I was doing fine with the Raptors and Blazers. GSW, CLE, OKC do get a lot of 50/50 balls and interceptions from what I've seen though.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
Pro

Vroman's Arena

That's the whole game experience online. The level of randomness is absurd imo. if you'd try to pay attention you'd see same bs happening to your opponents , even as they use top teams and not playing well overall.

Only way is to get use to the fact that no offense/defense strategy setup is ever guaranteed to success and call timeouts and change off/def poe's just for sake of "killing" the momentum to your opponent.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:16 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Cant really agree. I essentially only play with low tier teams since I got to HOF

Played with the Hornets the majority of the time before they moved to tier 1, been running games with the Wolves and the Suns lately and winning...The higher rated team is going to inherently have an advantage though. I'd agree with LO6 that they do get more breaks as well.

TBH, I still see a lot of users on HOF competitive with the Knicks
Old 04-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Cant really agree. I essentially only play with low tier teams since I got to HOF

Played with the Hornets the majority of the time before they moved to tier 1, been running games with the Wolves and the Suns lately and winning...The higher rated team is going to inherently have an advantage though. I'd agree with LO6 that they do get more breaks as well.

TBH, I still see a lot of users on HOF competitive with the Knicks
Man those Knicks are so tough to beat. All they do is force feed Lopez and then he turns into Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Then when I crowd the paint and close out late on jumpers they just don't miss. Melo is never a problem for me though. T_T
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »