Home

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

This is a discussion on Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

Let's be honest: it's no secret competition often "borrows" ideas from each other.
Not only just in video games, but let's specifically talk about basketball games here for a minute.

Now, EA saw the success in 2K's Park/ProAm modes and last year added that to their game. I thoroughly enjoyed the idea (not so much gameplay) of being able to play with friends and even random guys against the CPU in a park setting. Playing for rewards, XP, boosts, shoes, new courts, etc.

It's usually around this time of year 2K starts losing it's appeal. The Playoffs are starting, it's nice outside, and then when the season's over we're left waiting for the next installment instead of playing the game over the summer.

I feel like the trend I'm seeing a lot in gaming now is PvE over PvP, or a mixture of the two. (Basically PvE is humans playing together vs. AI).

I would really like 2K to explore this realm more; give us another avenue to steer our MyPlayers in when playing against the cheeseballs in the Park gets too be too repetitious and infuriating.
Even let us take our ProAm teams online and get some practice in against teams: Past, present, even MyTeam style super-teams.

Another area I feel would REALLY drastically improve the longevity of 2K basketball would be to implement a Madden-thing: Connected Careers.
I won't get too detailed but imagine playing a full-season, Lebron/Wade/Bosh style...recruiting your friends' MyPlayers to form your own big three.
Or recreate Bird/Magic rivalries...
Really the options would be endless.

I feel like the micro-transaction wave has already come, and 2K rode that (whether we like it or not) but I feel like this trend is purely-beneficial.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »