Home

Why don't 2K make a FIBA game? EA has FIFA. Basketball popularity

This is a discussion on Why don't 2K make a FIBA game? EA has FIFA. Basketball popularity within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Why don't 2K make a FIBA game? EA has FIFA. Basketball popularity

How popular is basketball in Europe? Isn't it the number 2 sport after soccer? Correct me if I'm wrong. Let's say even if I'm wrong but imagine a FIBA game with licensed leagues around the world like EA's FIFA where u can play in the Turkish, Chinese or Israeli leagues? This would probably be the coolest thing in 2K since pro-am, my park and myplayer.

Just picture you starting out in the french league and working your way into the NBA in your myplayer. If you are not a myplayer type of gamer you can just play with a franchise team from Australia and run with that league.

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 06-06-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why don't 2K make a FIBA game? EA has FIFA. Basketball popularity

While it'd be great to see NBA 2K incorporate FIBA into the game, a key obstacle is likely that EA Sports still has the exclusive license for FIBA. EA acquired the exclusive license in 2007: http://www.pastapadre.com/2007/08/03...e-for-nba-live. I believe they still have it.

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 06-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Anyone knows when that contract expires?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
Pro

Vroman's Arena

They better make euroleague properly first with decent player likeness, team playstyles and authentic presentation.

Another thing is 2k having ULEB license that is rival organisation to FIBA , so if they get FIBA license they might have to lose ULEB one and its teams (very best teams in europe) . Also having license is just one thing, adding those teams well done is tons of work and I don't thing it'd pay off at all. I would be more than happy with well done euroleague teams and the tournament itself.

Last edited by Vroman; 06-06-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
How popular is basketball in Europe? Isn't it the number 2 sport after soccer? Correct me if I'm wrong. Let's say even if I'm wrong but imagine a FIBA game with licensed leagues around the world like EA's FIFA where u can play in the Turkish, Chinese or Israeli leagues? This would probably be the coolest thing in 2K since pro-am, my park and myplayer.

Just picture you starting out in the french league and working your way into the NBA in your myplayer. If you are not a myplayer type of gamer you can just play with a franchise team from Australia and run with that league.
Really disappointed this can't be done properly in MyLeague. Simply customizing the league to place the international teams in the NBA doesn't work too well (Timeouts/quarter length/rules/etc. are all out of whack).

Maybe if they manage to get 30 teams in 2k17 they could make a water-downed MyLeague international version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

Old 06-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:

I like to have a few careers going over the course of a year, and just playing that high school/college/rookie 8 games soon turned into a ballache. No way would I want to play whole seasons outside of the NBA.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:02 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
They better make euroleague properly first with decent player likeness, team playstyles and authentic presentation.

Another thing is 2k having ULEB license that is rival organisation to FIBA , so if they get FIBA license they might have to lose ULEB one and its teams (very best teams in europe) . Also having license is just one thing, adding those teams well done is tons of work and I don't thing it'd pay off at all. I would be more than happy with well done euroleague teams and the tournament itself.
I echo this sentiment as well. Flesh out the Euroleague. It's actually down to 16 teams now and they are going more towards an NBA like. This should only make it easier. That first year when they only had 14 teams they were all well done; the more they added the sloppier it got. As for the Olympics, they have the best Euro players already. Just make generic Russia or France jerseys and put the respective players on the team and have them all square off in the "Olympics".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »