Home

On ball screen (center), Hedge (center)

This is a discussion on On ball screen (center), Hedge (center) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: On ball screen (center), Hedge (center)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Thanks for trying to help brother. I get what you are saying, but my main problem is ok, basically, I just start a game, I am using the Sixers and we are playing the Bulls. So in the defensive setting page, the very first page is the universal defensive settings for all players right? So there are two settings, one is on-ball defense (center), another one is hedge (center). These are the two settings I totally don’t get, so if the word center represents the players with center position on my team, which will be Embiid and Noel (Okafor is a PF on my Sixers roster), so maybe on D.Rose’s defensive setting page, the setting for on-ball defense (center) means what happen if my center so is either Embiid or Noel guard D.Rose, how they play him? Sag off, tight or whatever? And for the hedge (center) setting, does that mean if my center which is once again Embiid or Noel is the hedge man (so he should be originally guarding Noah or Gasol), then how do they play the hedge defense again D.Rose when the scenario occurs? And what makes me go nuts is why are there these two settings for other players like Covington or Cannan, they are not even the centers for my team???
Hopefully I can provide you some clarity man.

On-ball screen (Center) is specific to the center position when they set the screen for the ball-handler. I see you use Bizmack and JV as examples so I'll elaborate.

Bizmack is your center and JV is at the 4 position in the example.. You have your normal hedge to soft hedge and Bizmack to double in on-ball screen (center). These are exclusive to Kyle Lowry defensive settings. JV sets a screen for Lowry, what JV's man will do is show on Lowry briefly and go back to his man since the setting for Lowry on hedge is soft hedge.

For Lowry's on-ball screen (center), you have it set to double. Bizmack sets the screen, Bizmack guy doubles Lowry oppose to showing briefly.

Do not worry about Hedge settings for the center if you have already set it up for the ball handlers. The main thing you should worry about in the bigs defensive settings is pre-rotate and on and off-ball pressure. Your hedge settings are mainly for 1-3 players and rare players like Draymond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #26
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Pretty cool setting actually. I never used it.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Pretty cool setting actually. I never used it.
I live off of the defensive settings man; it's good stuff. Forums will change your perspective about things prior to even giving it a real shot.

If you or anyone needs elaboration on defensive settings and how to properly utilize them, I am happy to help.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:18 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Hopefully I can provide you some clarity man.

On-ball screen (Center) is specific to the center position when they set the screen for the ball-handler. I see you use Bizmack and JV as examples so I'll elaborate.

Bizmack is your center and JV is at the 4 position in the example.. You have your normal hedge to soft hedge and Bizmack to double in on-ball screen (center). These are exclusive to Kyle Lowry defensive settings. JV sets a screen for Lowry, what JV's man will do is show on Lowry briefly and go back to his man since the setting for Lowry on hedge is soft hedge.

For Lowry's on-ball screen (center), you have it set to double. Bizmack sets the screen, Bizmack guy doubles Lowry oppose to showing briefly.

Do not worry about Hedge settings for the center if you have already set it up for the ball handlers. The main thing you should worry about in the bigs defensive settings is pre-rotate and on and off-ball pressure. Your hedge settings are mainly for 1-3 players and rare players like Draymond.
This is a good analysis but it is a little confusing because of the players you use, let's just say you are using the Wizards playing against the Heat, how you will set, so for like Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside, how will you do their defensive settings by using Wall, Beal, Otto, Nene, Gortat. But thanks for your help so far brother I really am getting this, starting to, sorry, am dumb on this pnr thing haha
Old 08-15-2016, 05:28 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
This is a good analysis but it is a little confusing because of the players you use, let's just say you are using the Wizards playing against the Heat, how you will set, so for like Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside, how will you do their defensive settings by using Wall, Beal, Otto, Nene, Gortat. But thanks for your help so far brother I really am getting this, starting to, sorry, am dumb on this pnr thing haha
anyone can offer help here?
Old 08-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 3

i had no idea this was such a confusing aspect of the game.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
i had no idea this was such a confusing aspect of the game.
Is ok to add in extra options in the game because we should always be looking for more details every year from the real basketball, but you add in features that you don't explain 2K that is what frustrated us, plus a lot of these features don't even work. I don’t think we need further explanation on DOUBLE, and this almost never existed in the game when I set double on Wade during PnR situations, wtf??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #32
Banned

the problem is trying to create a defensive scheme for yourself, only to have an AI player completely leave his defender for no reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »