Home

What type of players are in favoured in 2k? (Eg. Tall players)

This is a discussion on What type of players are in favoured in 2k? (Eg. Tall players) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2016, 12:07 AM   #9
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What type of players are in favoured in 2k? (Eg. Tall players)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveosalot
Coming from someone who usually plays shorter guards, that's a slippery slope my friend.

I don't necessarily think its a bad idea, but "neutralizing" the shot blocker already happens quite a bit. Its not like they have a very high success rate, but currently there are several animations that big men get stuck in when little dudes drive the paint.

I honestly just feel like physics need to be implemented, period.
I agree about the physics, but this is 2k sports I don't have that much faith in them anymore. I would bet money that things won't be physics based next year.

As far as animations go I have to disagree, as a shot blocker you can break out of 95% of the layup animations and block a shot. There's a reason the best shot blockers only average near 3 a game, it's a hard thing to do, especially against really good finishers. In this years game I feel like the blocks are a little too much, especially on shorter non-dunkers.

I play almost exclusively online btw.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:49 AM   #10
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

OVR: 0

The only thing that prevents the "neutralizing" animations is help defense. I get some of my blocks through the animation initiating on another player, helping with getting the block on a fixed animation. My real problem is that the ball will sometimes be untouchable, like when they are dribbling away from the player, I come up from the other side to poke the ball out; the ball handler (those with High Playmaking) end up getting a protection through the reach in, instead of losing the ball. Bigs lose the ball way too frequently coming off a Offensive rebound, and a pass just by getting bumped.

I hope they fix the Posterizers and post shots, 5'7" guards should not be able to dunk with impunity over the big defenders, and with 90 post fadeaway, how do I miss with my post shot, while cheesers get away with contested 3s?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #11
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
The only thing that prevents the "neutralizing" animations is help defense. I get some of my blocks through the animation initiating on another player, helping with getting the block on a fixed animation. My real problem is that the ball will sometimes be untouchable, like when they are dribbling away from the player, I come up from the other side to poke the ball out; the ball handler (those with High Playmaking) end up getting a protection through the reach in, instead of losing the ball. Bigs lose the ball way too frequently coming off a Offensive rebound, and a pass just by getting bumped.

I hope they fix the Posterizers and post shots, 5'7" guards should not be able to dunk with impunity over the big defenders, and with 90 post fadeaway, how do I miss with my post shot, while cheesers get away with contested 3s?
Somebody hits a fadeaway three on my once a game man. And I though I was the only one who kept missing post fades.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #12
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Jr Smith, Gerald Green, Andre Iguodala

These guys were basically superstars back in the old days.
Bruh forget them Zach Lavine is the new superstar ! He can shoot better than all of them , dunk as good , and just as fast . He's like a young Kobe in Teamup .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »