Home

2k needs to fix player movement

This is a discussion on 2k needs to fix player movement within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2k needs to fix player movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
In that case, I guess you should go make a better game and show them what hard work can accomplish.

I don't want to sound like one of those guys who defends everything 2K. They're grown men who work for a multi-million dollar company. They don't need me to fight any battles for them. Lord also knows that I don't think this game is anywhere near perfect. I have my own problems with the game. But, these guys care about their game and they work hard on it. If you think something could be better, that's fine. If you don't like the direction the series is going, that's fine. In fact, it's your right as a paying customer to critique/criticize their product. But simply calling them lazy is a meaningless, hollow argument that wreaks of someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Just my 2 cents.
How can you defend 2k making a worse game than last year. Strictly gameplay wise. Features and modes are better. But they made it impossible to play a KD/Kobe midrange pull up game, and on ball defense is so op it's almost gamebreaking at times. Then there's the legacy issues that have never been fixed. (Morophing, sliding etc.) That's kinda lazy. Sure they got priorities but some things should be fixed by now.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2016, 02:28 AM   #18
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah in my Teamup league there are people who even know how to abuse the morphing and lack of consistent on ball charges .

There's a few moves that you can do on the baseline that will literally morph you through the defender .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #19
Banned

just had a game. ended up just feeding the post the majority of the time because of clunky movement, getting stuck on defenders and just complete frustration trying to work the perimeter. why does my player take extra dribbles when i'm trying to pull up? ****, why does he go for a lay-up when i'm trying to pull up from mid-range? jesus, the frustration is beyond comprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Players move as though they've all got injuries preventing them moving side to side with any type of explosion. Guards like Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Lillard etc feel totally useless when attacking in the pick and roll. You see how fast these guys can turn the corner and beat a man in real life and emulating in 2K can be almost impossible so much of the time. You either get stuck in the animation where you pause and cannot move straight or you end up doing some other garbage slowing down all your momentum. Momentum is also ****house in this game. Defenders can almost always recover, despite the position they're in. On the break with someone like Westbrook the defenders should be at his mercy, backing back and a quick move from him can do a hell of a lot of damage. Instead this doesn't exist in the game and defenders can defend as though Westbrook is moving at walking speed.
this is what i was experiencing. iso'ing with jordan is impossible and that's saying something, isn't it. they play me like glue, so i figure okay - drive. nah, i get stuck and beat back. i had already tried pulling back (right stick stepback) when i couldn't get past him, but the stuck animation didn't allow me to do my stepback dribble. so i put on a few more dribbles moves and the defender reacts and i react but they somehow recover. i'm scared to take a jumpshot or pullup because of what might happen as far as morphing and not getting what i intended where i intended it. clock winds down to zero, i take a fadeaway three and it's gg.

Last edited by psydefx; 07-02-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #20
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Player movement is awful on defense. Players are sluggish, they take forever to change directions, and backpedal instead of turning around and running.

And don't get me started on the ridiculous force field and animations that 2K forces your player into when trying to stop passes.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #21
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Player movement is awful on defense. Players are sluggish, they take forever to change directions, and backpedal instead of turning around and running.

And don't get me started on the ridiculous force field and animations that 2K forces your player into when trying to stop passes.
YES x1000! This really pisses me off. The issue is the speeds are not balanced at all. Just look at how many dribbles it takes to sprint from one end of the court to the other end with someone like Westbrook. Point guard 1st steps and sprinting are too slow, jog speed and center's 1st steps are too fast. Most PGs take almost the entire 8 seconds just to get the ball pass halfcourt when not fastbreaking IRL. In 2K they don't even need turbo to reach there by 20 seconds.

The frozen animation after trying to steal what should be a terrible pass makes me want to throw my controller through my window. We need a Roll Man rating since everyone can roll at the same speed to the rim and they cannot be stopped. Even a temporary fix like what they use to stop guys from jumping for alley oops would make the world of difference.

Last edited by Crossover1; 07-03-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #22
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

Infuriating! Especially that stuck in a back peddling animation!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #23
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

My problem is the automatic dribble moves along with your opponent pressing the steal button causing your player to do automatic moves when this happens. It's like you have absolutely no control over your player at all when they have the ball.

Too much is tied together. I remember when I could pump fake my opponent and drive right around them, now I'm getting stuck, pulled back, doing hesitation dribbles before I can even go to the basket. Ultra frustrating. Don't know who came up with this logic and why they feel having no control over your player is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
I remember when I could pump fake my opponent and drive right around them, now I'm getting stuck, pulled back, doing hesitation dribbles before I can even go to the basket. Ultra frustrating. Don't know who came up with this logic and why they feel having no control over your player is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agree 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »