Home

Can you please let us use the shot meter for post hooks this year

This is a discussion on Can you please let us use the shot meter for post hooks this year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can you please let us use the shot meter for post hooks this year

I honestly hate in this game how Post fades are more successful than post hooks in terms of shot percentages, this is mainly because Post fade success is determined by the shot meter release, while post hook success is determined by sliders and overall randomness, the shot is absolute dog **** on HOF/SIM.

Add another layer of skill and complexity to the post hook by giving it access to shot meter and reducing the randomness of shot success. Let the shot differentiate itself from the layup as that is what it is essentially, you did it with the post fade, I don't see why it cant be done for the post hook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 AM   #2
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Re: Can you please let us use the shot meter for post hooks this year

Damn. I never noticed that it didn't use the meter. I agree. I'm not sure why this wasn't the case. It's a skill based shot, not to different from a jump shot in that you still need some timing and release to make it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Doesn't post hooks use a shot timing anymore? I remember last year and the year before you actually didn't see a shot feedback for hooks, but the success still was timing dependent.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Doesn't post hooks use a shot timing anymore? I remember last year and the year before you actually didn't see a shot feedback for hooks, but the success still was timing dependent.
nah I don't think that particular shot has been timing based in a long time, if at all. this was a quote from Mike Wang a while ago, they are pretty much a layup.

"The meter is active for all manually releasable shots, including post jumpers. But not layups. My shots engineer and I experimented with it and decided the world is not ready for that." - Mike Wang (Beluba)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I personnally think the shot meter is trash but I'am all for having a release timing on post hooks. Now would it be the same for every players ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Dribble Rea
nah I don't think that particular shot has been timing based in a long time, if at all. this was a quote from Mike Wang a while ago, they are pretty much a layup.

"The meter is active for all manually releasable shots, including post jumpers. But not layups. My shots engineer and I experimented with it and decided the world is not ready for that." - Mike Wang (Beluba)

Yeah, you don't have a meter for it. But that doesn't mean, that the shot still isn't timing based.
I read about it here in the OS forum two years ago and also tried it out myself.
Do a post hook and hold until the ball leaves the hand - Results in a miss most of the times.
Hold very shortly, so that you just are long enough to produce a shot and not a fake - will mist most of the times
Hold like you do normal shots (according to shooting form) - much higher made shots percentage. But that was 2k14 and 2k15. Didn't try it out in 2k16.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I personnally think the shot meter is trash but I'am all for having a release timing on post hooks. Now would it be the same for every players ?
Same here.... shot metre is what makes the game so cheesy.
I never look at it, it's basketball you should be watching the ball release from the hands.... if you are looking at his feet you are not playing basketball, it doesn't take skill to stop a moving line near a stationary line.... but it does take some skill to master some of the shot releases.

So anyway, if there was no shot metre, IMO we'd see some more realistic shooting percentages and not have everyone shooting 90% from 3 in the park.

To me it's like training wheels on a bike, it's there for noobs. After you've learnt to play it should be gone.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Well, with the news today, you sort of got your wish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »