Home

please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters

This is a discussion on please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters

So every time I start up a Pro Am game I will have about 3 or 4 people quit within 3 minutes. I fail to understand why people start this game just to quit 3 minutes later. Heck, it takes longer than that to start a game. I don't understand if it's just because they don't want a loss on their record. I mean you don't get any special award for going 100-0 or something. People act like a loss is life changing. And why even give up so early, we've came back from 20 down before.

I hope there is a harsher punishment for quitters. I hate people quitting so early and then we are playing with cpu players for the rest of the game. It starts to be more like 2 on 3 or something. I think a punishment should be more severe. lock them out of pro am for an hour...heck 4 hours. maybe it would teach people to quit giving up so much.

oh but what if an emergency came up...well then being locked out for some hours shouldn't matter. I think a one hour minimum would be a good lesson starter.

and then there are the people who NEVER pass and jack up contested 3's. I wish there was also a 4 player vote out for these people. I mean at that point I would rather play 4 on 5 then a game we have no chance at winning because someone thinks they are the next jr smith.

either that or start game matching all the quitters together so it doesn't ruin the experience for everyone else.

These are just a few ideas. I just think something needs to be done about this issue.

anyone else feel the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
either that or start game matching all the quitters together so it doesn't ruin the experience for everyone else.
I don't play Pro-Am, but you've got a great idea here.

There was one MMO, years ago, where cheaters would get a secret flag or whatever on their account, so that from then on, they would only be paired up with other cheaters with that same flag. I wish I could remember the game.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I don't play Pro-Am, but you've got a great idea here.

There was one MMO, years ago, where cheaters would get a secret flag or whatever on their account, so that from then on, they would only be paired up with other cheaters with that same flag. I wish I could remember the game.
sounds good to me. I think it could work for all online game modes
Old 08-28-2016, 02:17 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Group Pro-Am walk on by quit %

0-10 11-25 26-50 51-75 76-100

This way people who quit play together and can all quit together, where as if you never quit, or rarely get disconnected, you'll be grouped with them, and the grouping only breaks to the next bracket when not enough people can be found within your bracket. (ie you're in 0-10%, but only can find 9 people, it moves to 11-25% to find the last guy)

Shoot, also when you see there player on any leaderboard put a big red disconnect icon if they exceed 50% disconnection rate.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:30 AM   #5
Rookie

If they quit more than 3 times, then prompt them for a "game update" which actually deletes their copy of the game forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 06:18 AM   #6
Pro

What chem said. Also, i would add average teammate grade (ATG) to the mix in order to keep most ballhogs away. Just combine quitting percentage and ATG into some kind of ranking.

So if you're like me: share the ball, attempt to play a semblance of actual basketball, play defense, etc - you will most likely get your A+ pretty much every time. From what i've seen ballhogs rarely get a good TG..

Basically, you would have something like: 100 points for ATG and 100 for Completed Game Percentage.

A+ = 100, A = 95, A- = 90, B+ = 85, etc...

For example, rank 1 would be: 180/200 --> A+ and 80% or at worst B and 100%. Rank 2 --> 155/200. Rank 3 --> 125/200. Etc... you get the idea.

This way you can play with/against people similar to your own level. They could even add in a filter based on overall. 60-74 together, 75 - 89, 90-99. Something like that.

All of this would be "walk on ranked". Then you'd have "walk on unranked" where everybody just gets thrown together (like it is now), mostly for when the game is dying down and there's not enough players anymore.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
Pro

Hey OP i understand your frustration but A LOT of the quitting comes from pro am league teams trying to match up against one another. i play in a few leagues, we try to do a countdown to matchup against a team on our schedule - if it doesnt work we quit out and try again.

hopefully this year 2k gives us a way to directly matchup

so on behalf of all pro am league players - sorry man, its the only way until 2k17 drops hopefully
Old 08-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
Hey OP i understand your frustration but A LOT of the quitting comes from pro am league teams trying to match up against one another. i play in a few leagues, we try to do a countdown to matchup against a team on our schedule - if it doesnt work we quit out and try again.

hopefully this year 2k gives us a way to directly matchup

so on behalf of all pro am league players - sorry man, its the only way until 2k17 drops hopefully
This is more for people that quit late first quarter into the second quarter or third I'm sure you are usually out by then. Also I understand you may quit because you're not getting the game you want to just play through?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »