Home

2K17 Shooting

This is a discussion on 2K17 Shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #25
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K17 Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
If I had my way I would make shooting exclusive to the button and open up the shot stick for more maneuvers or moves like passing and more advanced dribbling moves.
Not sure how many more advanced dribbling moves are left to put on the right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
Bad idea imo. I use the button. Anyone who plays online knows that the input lag and sensitivity of the stick makes it vastly inferior.

Probably won't matter as the boost you get from using a laggy overly sensitive stick will probably just match a nerfed button anyway.
Well, if you have input lag for the stick, you'll have it for every button..

I'm one that rips A LOT on 2k, mostly because the way they've acted the past few years...Input Lag used to be my #1 complaint constantly and how they'd ignore it. It single handedly ruined the game for me, one who was no longer in college (holy **** life moves fast) and played 90℅ online vs others. I hated hated input lag.. you CANT play any sports game, reliant on reaction, with INPUT LAG. They had it so bad too. The worst. They told me it was my connection. My fault, this that. Ronnie response to community 'my connection at the 2k studio is just fine' (idiot)

That said..

They quietly did fix it sometime last year. They did it quietly, not to admit it. But I was truly shocked at how much it improved by the beginning of 2016. I'd say it's 95℅ gone if you use a direct Ethernet cable to your internet. The delay is almost completely gone. The sad thing tho is by the time it was fixed in 16, the game itself wasn't that fun anymore imo..

Sorry for the long posts today.
Had a lot of coffee.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 05:01 PM   #27
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Not sure how many more advanced dribbling moves are left to put on the right stick.
Sometimes the problem I have is that I try to do a dribbling move and I'll hold the stick down to long and end up shooting when I don't want to. This is why I prefer to use the stick for dribbling moves and use the button to shoot. I feel like they're putting to much on the stick and I don't like to use it to shoot in the first place.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_M3
I've read a couple of articles about 2k17, and they talk about shooting with the right stick and how you have to pull it straight back to get your shot on target, compared to this year where you could pull the right stick on an angle and your shot would still be on target as long as you timed the release.

My question is "What if you mainly use the button to shoot?". In 2k16 I shot nearly all of my jump shots with the button, only using the stick around the hoop, to finnish with the hand I wanted to avoid the block for example.
Since they have made shooting with the stick more difficult , I am wondering how will the shooting with the button be different, any ideas?
I remember suggesting that a few years ago. Kinda funny when stuff you suggested gets in the game, even if it's by complete luck. That's a huge step to making the game harder/ higher skill cap.

Next they need to come up with a way to make passing more dynamic.

-Smak
Old 08-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Sometimes the problem I have is that I try to do a dribbling move and I'll hold the stick down to long and end up shooting when I don't want to. This is why I prefer to use the stick for dribbling moves and use the button to shoot. I feel like they're putting to much on the stick and I don't like to use it to shoot in the first place.
Ah. I see. I don't recall ever having that problem before myself, but you should be making quick moves on the right stick.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 PM   #30
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
This, I've been known to attempt a crossover bringing the ball up court and end up heaving the ball like the clock was about to expire. Got me benched a few times before I quit even attempting it.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:48 AM   #31
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
Well, if you have input lag for the stick, you'll have it for every button..

I'm one that rips A LOT on 2k, mostly because the way they've acted the past few years...Input Lag used to be my #1 complaint constantly and how they'd ignore it. It single handedly ruined the game for me, one who was no longer in college (holy **** life moves fast) and played 90℅ online vs others. I hated hated input lag.. you CANT play any sports game, reliant on reaction, with INPUT LAG. They had it so bad too. The worst. They told me it was my connection. My fault, this that. Ronnie response to community 'my connection at the 2k studio is just fine' (idiot)

That said..

They quietly did fix it sometime last year. They did it quietly, not to admit it. But I was truly shocked at how much it improved by the beginning of 2016. I'd say it's 95℅ gone if you use a direct Ethernet cable to your internet. The delay is almost completely gone. The sad thing tho is by the time it was fixed in 16, the game itself wasn't that fun anymore imo..

Sorry for the long posts today.
Had a lot of coffee.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I can't say they fixed input lag at all. It's been as bad as it's ever been a few days ago. Stopped playing because of it, so i don't know if it's gotten better now. It was at a point where i couldn't play 3vs3 anymore without horrible input lag. 2vs2 somehow was better, but also bad sometimes. May be because fewer players are involved? I still haven't figured it out. I'm guessing it's part internet connection on your end (that's obvious), part "usage of internet" in your neighbourhood where you live (at least in germany with DSL-technology), part which server you end up on, ...

It's plain unplayable sometimes, it's quite smooth other times, and everything in between. It effects defense more that shooting though, but it's a bich.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:48 AM   #32
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I think we do have the option to choose what type of controls we have on the right stick. We can choose to be just for the iso moves. Correct me if i'm wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »