Home

Why 2K17 NEEDS the D-League

This is a discussion on Why 2K17 NEEDS the D-League within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

vick4realz's Arena

OVR: 2
Why 2K17 NEEDS the D-League

After the release of the Friction trailer, we are bound to get some news on new features over the next week or so. I'm not sure how many fans share this opinion, but one new feature I am hoping makes an appearance is the D-League. Since 2K12 (last game the d-league was present) the D-League has become a much bigger part of the NBA and the way young players in the league progress. I pretty much just want to break down reasons I feel like the D league is a necessity in 2K17 and I'd love to hear you guys' opinions as well.

MyLeague/MyGM: In NBA 2K16 there were plenty of times I found myself with young players on my roster that weren't in my rotation but I still wanted to play with them and watch them progress, this is where we need the d-league so that we can send down young players that aren't in the team's rotation so they can still get better and allow us to play with them in an exhibition game setting. Another example is when there were young players in the free agency pool that were never signed by a team that would eventually just retire after two years of being a free agent. Because of this you had young talent retiring before they even reached the age of 25. With the d-league these young players can find homes on d league teams and earn d-league accolades and play in the d-league all star game with hopes of getting noticed and being called up by an nba team. The last part I want to cover is with the introduction of the new expansion feature. I am curious how exactly it would work when staring a new team from scratch with the expansion feature however this would be another great spot for the d-league to come in. When adding players to your new roster it would be great to be able to select from a pool of the best talent and top performers in the d-league along with current free agents instead of a bunch of auto generated players.

While it wouldn't be a make or break feature to me, I still feel like the d league is something that needs to be implemented in NBA 2K17 and hoping we will hear something about this. Let me know how you all feel about the d league being in NBA 2K.
NCAAB -Ohio State

Last edited by vick4realz; 08-23-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Pro

SkillzFromThe6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why 2K17 NEEDS the D-League

If they don't add the NBA D-League, I got the 17 teams jerseys/arenas from the 2015-16 NBA Season, so we could play with that.

I am going to also complete the new teams on NBA 2K17 once they release their jerseys!
Old 08-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

if playing time and how they play played a part in their progression it would be even better. I loved having the D-League. I really do hope they bring it back.
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Old 08-23-2016, 04:07 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick4realz
After the release of the Friction trailer, we are bound to get some news on new features over the next week or so. I'm not sure how many fans share this opinion, but one new feature I am hoping makes an appearance is the D-League. Since 2K12 (last game the d-league was present) the D-League has become a much bigger part of the NBA and the way young players in the league progress. I pretty much just want to break down reasons I feel like the D league is a necessity in 2K17 and I'd love to hear you guys' opinions as well.

MyLeague/MyGM: In NBA 2K16 there were plenty of times I found myself with young players on my roster that weren't in my rotation but I still wanted to play with them and watch them progress, this is where we need the d-league so that we can send down young players that aren't in the team's rotation so they can still get better and allow us to play with them in an exhibition game setting. Another example is when there were young players in the free agency pool that were never signed by a team that would eventually just retire after two years of being a free agent. Because of this you had young talent retiring before they even reached the age of 25. With the d-league these young players can find homes on d league teams and earn d-league accolades and play in the d-league all star game with hopes of getting noticed and being called up by an nba team. The last part I want to cover is with the introduction of the new expansion feature. I am curious how exactly it would work when staring a new team from scratch with the expansion feature however this would be another great spot for the d-league to come in. When adding players to your new roster it would be great to be able to select from a pool of the best talent and top performers in the d-league along with current free agents instead of a bunch of auto generated players.

While it wouldn't be a make or break feature to me, I still feel like the d league is something that needs to be implemented in NBA 2K17 and hoping we will hear something about this. Let me know how you all feel about the d league being in NBA 2K.

I will be disappointed if D-League isnt in, and Im sure Im going to be disappointed They put in these Euro teams and Classic teams, and while I enjoy playing around with both while I wait to start My League once patches get all put out and more players are put in the game, they dont really have any major purpose. D-League even if they cant get the right to those players, they can make the fake players fully editable to us so we can have a more realistic My League, My Gm, and even My Player if they allow you to use a fully editable roster for My Plyer, not sure if they do now or not as I dont play that mode. Plus I would actually enjoy playing even exhibiton/quick games with D-League teams more so than Euro teams, or classic teams. Not that I want them to take those teams out, but if the room was needed for it then Id be for them to be taken out, because its not like we can have a Euro League in franchise mode, nor does it have any impact unless you transfer those players to the FA pool for use before you start a Association.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #5
Rookie

subway's Arena

Someone ask to bring back the d' league. This is Chris's reply.

Chris Manning 2K17
Aug 20
Chris Manning 2K17 ‏@LD2K
@ADunk3r You can player lock in MyLEAGUE so essentially giving you that mode within.

@LD2K @ADunk3r bring back the d'league
2:49 PM - 20 Aug 2016
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I can give you another reason. After finishing the 2020 season in ML I saw a plethora of young players retire because they were free agents and hadn't played in a year or so. In real life these players would be in the NBDL or Europe. We lose so many players who could potentially contribute down the line.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

I just don't understand how Fifa can have so many international leagues that also have different levels yet 2k can't even have the D-League. Apparently Fifa 16 has 30 leagues and 650 teams. They aren't all accurate down to the last detail but still. I would love to see international leagues along with the D-league in 2k. They don't even have to be real teams at first.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway
Someone ask to bring back the d' league. This is Chris's reply.

Chris Manning 2K17
Aug 20
Chris Manning 2K17 ‏@LD2K
@ADunk3r You can player lock in MyLEAGUE so essentially giving you that mode within.

@LD2K @ADunk3r bring back the d'league
2:49 PM - 20 Aug 2016

Is it just me or does that answer make no sense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »