Home

Predicting Kobe Story Mode

This is a discussion on Predicting Kobe Story Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:19 AM   #41
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Predicting Kobe Story Mode

81 points
62 inch three quarters
2001 west finals game vs Spurs
61 points vs Knicks
2001 semifinals vs kings
2006 playoff vs Suns game 4
12 3 pointers vs Sonics
Kobes last game (60 points )

More games ( 50 point outburst , 40 point out burts, rivalry vs Kings , vs Trailblazers , Games with Shaq , all star games , dunk contest, games with Gasol , games with Smush Parker lol , game winner recreations , #24 vs #8 )

A lot of ways 2k can go with this
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #42
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
lol people still give Jordan **** over his gambling. and he retired over a decade ago. that Eagle County debacle will forever be talked about with kobe. than and his relationship with shaq(throwin him under bus).

My opinion, what these guys do off the court is their own personal business, be it good or bad - I only care for what they do on the court. If I cared about their personal lives or habits, I'd watch a reality TV show.

That's the problem of being in the spotlight, your every move is scrutinized when in reality, everyone should be concentrating on what they gave to us on the court - decades of some of the greatest basketball we will ever witness.

Y'know, I'm actually 100% behind Kobe getting his own mode. I learned how to appreciate him for what he could do on the court over time - would be excited to play something like that.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:18 PM   #43
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Those are the only memorable games ?
When we're talking about building a mode around him yes.

Jordan had the outburst against the '86 Celtics, 6 titles all with their own memorable moments, and the comeback.

It's like comparing chalk and cheese. Having a game mode where you recreate Kobe scoring 60 points or hitting 12 threes in a meaningless regular season game would be boring as ****.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #44
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
My opinion, what these guys do off the court is their own personal business, be it good or bad - I only care for what they do on the court. If I cared about their personal lives or habits, I'd watch a reality TV show.

That's the problem of being in the spotlight, your every move is scrutinized when in reality, everyone should be concentrating on what they gave to us on the court - decades of some of the greatest basketball we will ever witness.

Y'know, I'm actually 100% behind Kobe getting his own mode. I learned how to appreciate him for what he could do on the court over time - would be excited to play something like that.
The league apparently disagrees. Just ask Larry Sanders, Stephen Jackson, or a host of others. The NBA has spent a lot of time and effort keeping their players from being the public relations nightmare that the NFL has become. I for one applaud them for it.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #45
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Excited to see what's in store for Kobe in this game .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #46
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
The league apparently disagrees. Just ask Larry Sanders, Stephen Jackson, or a host of others. The NBA has spent a lot of time and effort keeping their players from being the public relations nightmare that the NFL has become. I for one applaud them for it.
Might be why Daveberg turned down the job of NBA Commissioner... so he could retain his view.... haha
Old 08-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #47
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
If this is a Kobe story mode, I want the ability to call out teammates for being bad players -- the Smush Parkers and Kwame Browns of the world.
Ehh, I'd want a way to make things work with Shaq, so the Lakers didn't end up with Smush, Kwame, et al. But then, no Pau... talk about a dilemma.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 08-25-2016, 08:25 PM   #48
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Too a certain extent, the NBA does and like you I applaud it as well, but the Larry Sanders, Stephen Jackson's of the world arent the face of the NBA. Stern, definitely gave elite players passes both on and off the court, and when push comes to shove Adam Silver would probably do the same thing. I do think some of those players that have had issues have been black balled basically by team owners as much as the head of the league has. AI I think was kept away before he was ready to call it a career because of a combo of things with team owners and the commissioner, probably coaches and some players too had a hand in it when it came to him. Personally I believe every player deserves a 2nd chance, but at some point you have to say enough with the troubled players.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »