Home

What Will Your Squad Look Like And Why.........hmmmmm

This is a discussion on What Will Your Squad Look Like And Why.........hmmmmm within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 03:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
What Will Your Squad Look Like And Why.........hmmmmm

With all this discussion around what playstyle everyone will pick. Who do you want on your squad?

If the hype is real then this will be a very strategic game and that will include making chess moves to get the right pieces to construct your squad.

So im thinking if that Lockdown Defender style is effective enough............ is gonna be the reaction if the WHOLE squad is lockdown and we just get fastbreak buckets, BUT a team full of TIRELESS SCORER badges might be a problem (shot creators that is)bc it could wear us down as a counter.

So im thinking

PG(me) Playmaking so my lockdown guys have some kind of offense in the case of me having dimer and being a floor general.

SG: Lockdown defender(play d and run the break)(since most SG will want to score alot/cheese)

SF: Lockdown defender( since most SF will want to score/cheese)

PF......Lockdown defender(since most PF just want to score)

C :GLASS CLEANER bae, you know why bc if he does not get the block he has that bruiser badge to BANG! So if you want to cheese the paint just know youll get tired of getting beat up.

What kind of team is gonna beat us YOUR SQUAD!!!!!!!!????? Convince me

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-29-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 04:03 AM   #2
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Will Your Squad Look Like And Why.........hmmmmm

Don't really matter about ideal player types, since I mainly been running with same people since 2k11 and as long as the ball movement and chemistry there were good to go.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 05:03 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOrangeBaby
Don't really matter about ideal player types, since I mainly been running with same people since 2k11 and as long as the ball movement and chemistry there were good to go.

Well that sounds like a very strategic and exciting approach to a potentially huge game changer......... I understand what you are saying tho, you guys will adjust to each other no matter what. I'm just little hype bc this could have a huge effect on the game in terms of the way ppl approach a game bc if you do not play your role then you could be bad at the game. It does very much matter especially if you are enthusiastic about it.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-29-2016 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:18 AM   #4
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

No scoring? This is 2k ya know.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:32 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

It will be interesting to see if people copy current and historic lineups in terms of the archetypes i.e
90's Chicago Bulls
PG: Sharpshooter
SG: Shot Creator
SF: Lockdown Defender
PF: Glass Cleaner
C: (Something)
Current Thunder
PG: Slasher
SG: Lockdown Defender
PF: Post Scorer(Faceup Big?)
C: Lockdown Defender
2012-13 Lakers
PG: Playmaking
SG: Shot Creator
PF: Post Scorer
C: Glass Cleaner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #6
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Well that sounds like a very strategic and exciting approach to a potentially huge game changer......... I understand what you are saying tho, you guys will adjust to each other no matter what. I'm just little hype bc this could have a huge effect on the game in terms of the way ppl approach a game bc if you do not play your role then you could be bad at the game. It does very much matter especially if you are enthusiastic about it.
Game changer or not at the end of the day were playing basketball and it more so how a team will communicate then a team coming with certain build. Since players can have a certain skill set in one system and flourish with a different role in any system. Since in my opinion attributes are secondary in the way you play with your my player.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:47 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
No scoring? This is 2k ya know.
We have scoring......I said fastbreak.

We could be like a fastbreaking team and get those second chance buckets. Plus if I recall correctly lockdown defenders have a decent inside game.

We may need a sharpshooter tho. Im just big on defense, last year in the park if you knew what you were doing on defense you could dominate a game almost single handed some guys know what im talking about and it gets your grade up fast. You get that steal, leak out and get a dunk to get you in rhythm or pass it for a fastbreak assist. Thats like from a C to a B- instantly. Plus defense gets your offense in rhythm.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOrangeBaby
Game changer or not at the end of the day were playing basketball and it more so how a team will communicate then a team coming with certain build. Since players can have a certain skill set in one system and flourish with a different role in any system. Since in my opinion attributes are secondary in the way you play with your my player.

What you are saying makes no sense tho. If a player has a certain skill set in one system the system is going to determine if he can thrive bc that player is most of the time pick to be on a team bc of his particular skill set and can fit in THAT system. You are speaking as if a players are switching roles like "baboom" im this now and the best at it. Cmon man, the role a player plays is based around his ability to be able to play that role GENERALLY based off his skill sets.

Knowing your role is basically knowing who you are. In this particular game its based on your skill set that determines your role. Now you can choose to be a Lockdown defender and think your role is to shoot threes if you want to and we will see how many L's you take.

Also if attributes are secordary then you do not know what type of player you are playing with. I can tell ppl have gotten to use to maxing every category out when you do not care what type of attributes you are best at.

You can just demi god and do everything and have every badge LOL

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-29-2016 at 08:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »