Home

NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #305
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

Are there any kind of lineup/strategy presets (especially for MyTeam)?

I get tired of having to manually modify bench units/defensive settings every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #306
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
23, you heard it from Mike here 1st. It's lit.
so...many...laughs

PS. Asked a few questions on page 36 Mr.Wang, hopefully you can still get to them.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-01-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:12 PM   #307
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
yo..did yall put those ol school xj900's in the game? get those scanned
I'm obviously not being serious
Old 09-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #308
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Great post, Sundown. I actually started off the dev cycle how you just suggested. More frequent greens, high-ish success rate, but lots of misses. People, at least the handful that tested it, didn't like it at all.

I can actually make that change right now and you'll get it when you play Prelude next week... but my guess is that it won't go over well.

I think greens are rare enough that it doesn't spoil the drama, so I don't really think that's too much of an issue. Maybe I can kill them off completely next year or tune them to be super rare this year and let them slowly die off. Still debating that one.
I agree, but it's going to get bad feedback from people. Not the people from here just more of the YouTubers/Park/A couple of the Pro-AM players.

I don't mind the shot meter, I think where it all went wrong was in 15 with all those shots people were making. All of those contested green lights.

I wouldn't mind you killing it off 2k18 either.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #309
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey Mike can we effectively switch the pick n roll this year?
It's such a huge part of NBA basketball nowadays

Last edited by gabri3l3; 09-02-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #310
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Mike Wang if you're reading, may i suggest you pay close attention to youtuber Sam Pham's impressions of the game when it comes out. He is on the ball. He understands basketball, understands 2k the game inside and out, and he can be trusted. He will pick up on ALL the little awesome nuances you created and he will know what needs to be improved specifically for it to be a better game.
I've been playing NBA video games since 2001. He is my #1 choice to represent the hardcore guys.

Just please don't listen to all the screaming teenagers on social media this year lol. Their bias suggestions don't really improve the game from the bigger perspective.
Absolutely this
Old 09-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #311
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
Mike,

Thanks for the blog and the answers. For CPU/AI ballhandlers this year, in pick & roll situations can they reject the screen? In 16 it seemed hard coded to always take the screen and proceed in whichever direction the screener was approaching from.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I won't derail the thread w/ any additional posts on this topic, but I take the non-answer on this to mean no. If true, very disappointing as it is a realism killer in my opinion for CPU offenses and as a result user defenses. The pick and roll/pop is an absolutely integral part of today's NBA and to have AI ballhandlers only be able to go in one direction in an on ball screen situation is a huge oversight. I'm actually very surprised more people here aren't concerned/interested about this with how many that consider themselves wanting a pure simulation experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #312
Rookie

JazzaJDN's Arena

Its all sounding great so hopefully when we get the game its as good as it sounds.

I have been really keen on making a speedy playmaking point guard just for variety's sake from other 2K MyCareer players but in the past there hasn't been much point.

If you can finally beat an AI defender on the dribble, be able to penetrate on the drive and then dish to an open team mate then that would be awesome. Comments around the freelance offence being more mobile and continually looking for cuts is also positive. In the past the only real way you had at racking up them assists with any consistency was to rely on a pick and pop with a decent shooting SF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »