Home

Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Player Archetypes NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #4441
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Idk man Iv seen some SC just flat out not miss from off dribble midrange. I think the learning curve for SC is very steep so that's why ppl say they are worst. Imo the slasher is pretty useless if your against a good shot blocking center.

SC are limited in the 3 ball and that's it. Everything else they can dominate

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There's ways to deal with a good inside defender as a Slasher, but that moving shot nerf really killed the best second option that archetype had which was the moving mid game.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #4442
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

There is few reasons why shot creator is below the meta of mypark and pro am.

1)Main attributes (moving 2pt and 3pt) gets significantly decreased as you make your player higher. Sharpshooter(stretch big) can still shoot at full efficiency at 6'10+ height and playmaker(point forward) still can "speedboost" and have snappy dribble animations at max height. And being higher than opponent is more of advantage than ever this year.

2)Lacking in playmaking ratings . Mostly "speed with ball" rating is hindering shot creator . Creating separation for moving shots is key and playmaker is just much better suited at doing it.

3)Other archetypes too good at hitting moving shots. Slasher, Sharpshooter, Playmaker have no problem to hit them while having own flavor as well. You only need high moving shot ratings for hitting moving 3pt shot, while midrange goes in fine with just 70 rating.

All in all its ultimate "special snowflake" archetype . It really doesn't add up to the squad as much as other archetypes . Its focus point is a niche way of scoring and its really not unstoppable at doing it.

Last edited by Vroman; 07-21-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #4443
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
There is few reasons why shot creator is below the meta of mypark and pro am.

1)Main attributes (moving 2pt and 3pt) gets significantly decreased as you make your player higher. Sharpshooter(stretch big) can still shoot at full efficiency at 6'10+ height and playmaker(point forward) still can "speedboost" and have snappy dribble animations at max height. And being higher than opponent is more of advantage than ever this year.

2)Lacking in playmaking ratings . Mostly "speed with ball" rating is hindering shot creator . Creating separation for moving shots is key and playmaker is just much better suited at doing it.

3)Other archetypes too good at hitting moving shots. Slasher, Sharpshooter, Playmaker have no problem to hit them no problem while having own flavor as well. You only need high moving shot ratings for hitting moving 3pt shot, while midrange goes in fine with just 70 rating.

All in all its ultimate "special snowflake" archetype . It really doesn't add up to the squad as much as other archetypes . Its focus point is a niche way of scoring and its really not unstoppable at doing it.
And its strongest quality is moving mid range shots which is the least efficient shot in basketball and the one that defenses have no problem giving up if it means stopping everything else.

Shot Creaters would be fine if they were a tad bit faster but they are not. Too easily guarded.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:42 AM   #4444
Rookie

Chas3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Tough to say now with the current shooting conditions.

Under the current shooting conditions, the Playmaker is not the shooting threat he used to be which costs him some overall value. Considering how you can defend most Playmakers 1v1 and around screens: there are other archetypes that can accomplish just about the same measure of success without speed boosting.

The speed boost ability is about the most noticeable difference at 6'8" and below. For myself, a Sharpshooting PG holds the highest value at PG right now. Some might be convinced it's a Slasher PG or Shot Creator PG. A 6ft7 LDD PG could also be a beast considering how dominant he can be on both ends just off his size and athleticism alone that compliment his defensive nature.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
What do you guys think about a 6'8 playmaker SG playing the point guard?
Old 07-25-2017, 01:03 AM   #4445
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas3
What do you guys think about a 6'8 playmaker SG playing the point guard?
It works well.

I have a buddy who plays solid with his 6ft7 Playmaker SG

You don't get the big man contact dunks like the Point Forwards do but you're also not playing a big man role so it works fine.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »