Home

How did your college career turnout?

This is a discussion on How did your college career turnout? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How did your college career turnout?

I went to Louisville lost one college game but ended up winning the tournament in the end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #26
Pro

My 6'5 slasher pg's championship game was pretty intense, turned into a quadruple OT thriller. I played horrible during the first half but after that i pretty much took over. During all the OT's the opposing pf just kept hitting fadeaways on every possession which is why it took so long. But in the end we won so all is well.

I'm projected as a lottery pick which i think is fair. Lost 1 game. I don't know my average stats but if i had to guess i'd say 17p on about 65% 6r 5a 2s 1b with A- or higher TG, oh yeah and probably about 4 turnovers. I played way too inconsistent to warrant anything higher. Mostly for two reasons:

- missed layups: haven't gotten used to the meter, especially when i try to double clutch; when i expect a dunk but it turns out to be a layup; or when i expect a foul call.

- turnovers: ever since they started to use the right stick for both shooting and dribbling i've had trouble with this. I simply can't get used to the input delay on dribble moves caused by the game needing a moment to figure out whether you're trying to dribble or shoot. This often leads me to dribble the ball of off the defender. Not that it really matters to me since it's not my game anyway, i prefer to make plays using passes and cuts rather than trying to break ankles which is of course why i made a slasher in the first place.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 09-11-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
18 pts, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 assists in the championship and we won.

My draft stock went from mid 1st round to Lottery pick.

Finally, something realistic. But I really had to be greedy and on the borderline of forcing shots and I got lucky as a couple 3's dropped. I'm more of a pass first kind of player though, but that doesn't improve draft stock unfortunately.
It was funny. I had such a monster midnight madness game that I went to lotto. haha. The scouts were like THIS GUY... I was wetting and got like 4 blocks. Then they never raised me higher. They were into me after my first game, then they were just like eh... "I thought he would improve more." I set the bar too high by clowning on my own teammates.

Was fun, esp to play as Illinois. I was surprised they got in there. Hopefully it will give us a boost for recruiting or something. I am tired of Illini bball being bad.

Edit: and yea I won every game pretty comfortably. Replayed a few to get better stats, but my stats never really get better.

-Smak
Old 09-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #28
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I got the girl, that's all that matters.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
It was funny. I had such a monster midnight madness game that I went to lotto. haha. The scouts were like THIS GUY... I was wetting and got like 4 blocks. Then they never raised me higher. They were into me after my first game, then they were just like eh... "I thought he would improve more." I set the bar too high by clowning on my own teammates.

Was fun, esp to play as Illinois. I was surprised they got in there. Hopefully it will give us a boost for recruiting or something. I am tired of Illini bball being bad.

Edit: and yea I won every game pretty comfortably. Replayed a few to get better stats, but my stats never really get better.

-Smak
Same happened to me. I think I might make another account and make sure my stock stays the same after midnight mania then improve and see what happens.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #30
Rookie

Made 2 dudes

Sf-Slasher 6"8 avg 18.9 10 2 and got lottery

Pf-Post Scorer 7'0 avg 23 9 1 got 3rd pick
Old 09-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #31
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I ended up a mid first round pick, so I didn't do so hot.

This was my first ever foray into MyCareer, so I made some mistakes.

First, with my shot creator PG, I played too much team ball, passing and such, so I didn't rack up enough points. That's not what this mode rewards.

Second, I didn't make any upgrades to my player as I racked up VC. Heh. It never even occurred to me.

I'm not sure if I'll put any time into the mode, as I've always just been an Association and now MyLeague guy. But I might check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #32
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

How did yall make multiple guys?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »