Home

Still can't steal when the ball is exposed

This is a discussion on Still can't steal when the ball is exposed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Still can't steal when the ball is exposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
How do you steal with the stick ?
Left on right stick for left hand. Right on right stick for right hand. Up on right stick to swing up. Cant remeber down
Old 09-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #10
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I feel you but they still need a way to differentiate between who's good at stealing the ball and who isn't.

They haven't engineered a way to address that yet other than making your hand go through the ball if your rating is low.

Unless you have a better suggestion
It wouldn't bother me quite as much if it only happened on difficult steals. But when the ballhandler leaves the ball exposed like that, I should be able to poke the ball away, regardless of my rating. It seems like a lazy way out of improving the AI to protect the ball.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Its hard to tell the context of the steal attempt through pictures. I think on ball steals have actually been done well this year.

Sure, your hand is going through the player, which sucks...but to be honest, I've only really see that on bad steal attempts...

Difference to me is- instead of your hand snapping back like say NBA Live, the animation carries through the defender..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #12
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Its hard to tell the context of the steal attempt through pictures. I think on ball steals have actually been done well this year.

Sure, your hand is going through the player, which sucks...but to be honest, I've only really see that on bad steal attempts...

Difference to me is- instead of your hand snapping back like say NBA Live, the animation carries through the defender..
The first picture is of the opposing PG walking the ball up the court. He is walking slowly, dribbling like he is the only one on the court, with the ball out to his side. I met him at half court, and even though I was playing up on him a bit, he wasn't protecting the ball at all.

The second one me going around the big to keep up with my own man and the CPU big dribbled into me; I wasn't even going for a steal, but the ball should have been knocked away.

The third is in the post, where I cheat off my man to try and swipe the ball that is being dribbled toward me while he backs down his man.

None of them were me trying to cheese or constantly trying to steal, but when I see the ball sticking out like that, I'm going to go for it.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 09-10-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #13
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I've had a lot better success stealing the ball on my 55 ovr pg.. Timing etc has gotten a lot better. But it isn't perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 06:43 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

I had like 3 steals in the first 2 minutes of my first midnight mania game as a 50-something overall...I think it's fine
Old 09-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #15
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Honestly feel like steals are too easy so far.. You can steal like 80% of the time if you catch them switching ball hands..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #16
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Left on right stick for left hand. Right on right stick for right hand. Up on right stick to swing up. Cant remeber down
Down is strip.

Back to the thread though; I've had some issues with this, but I still get insane steal totals for the half-length. In the USA game, I ended up with 4 steals right on Dellavedova with my playmaker PG, no defense upgrades. It's probably best where it's at. Until they make the ballhandler more aware this is the best they can do.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »