Home

The Slasher need to be patched

This is a discussion on The Slasher need to be patched within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #17
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Slasher need to be patched

Only thing slashers can do is dunk and lay-up, I can already see the CPU having "protect paint" EVERYTIME a slasher steps on the court. Most of the PG slashers on the nba have been the fastest with the ball. That being said their speed with ball should be at the top seeing as they're lackluster in EVERYTHING ELSE. I've got no idea why speed with ball is attached with playmaking. Isn't playmaking supposed to be more of an IQ type of upgrade? Running fast with a ball seems more like a physical trait.

Last edited by Sleepy59; 09-11-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:18 AM   #18
Rookie

This is lame a 6'3 slasher caps at 77 speed with ball but he can upgrade the one man fastbreak badge to gold. How does that make any sense?

Also a 6'8 point forward has a 88 speed with ball.

Cmon 2k I just want to recreate d rose/westbrook.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #19
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

I am upset that I can't make a legit slashing 6'3 PG...The speed should be way higher since we can't do anything else...I could careless if the CPU has ''protect the paint'' on all the time..That is what drive and kicking is for.

I am a PG..I am not really looking to score the ball anyway. Just want to be quick enough to make in the post,if I have a window of opportunity.

Last edited by myathebee; 09-14-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #20
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I have a 6'5 slasher PG (205 lbs, 6'8 wingspan). I like the build a lot except for one thing in particular, speed with ball. It's pretty low at around 75-78 (don't remember exactly) and unfortunately this is painfully noticeable in game. I fully upgraded it and these college scrubs still catch up with me on a breakaway. I mean, you shouldn't have to be some elite ballhandler to run fast with the ball.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
Chapelle's a rather poor actor so i'm not sure what that expression is supposed to mean. Is it:

A) "hmm, good point"

or

B) "i'm confused, this doesn't make sense"

If it's A then yes thank you, i can't take credit for the thought though since it's just common sense. If it's B, does the name corey brewer ring a bell. And obviously there have been many others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #22
Just started!

This Archetype definitely needs some adjusting as does others because as of now the playmaker is overpowered compared to others u can have 99 speed with as a 6'7 playmaker yet a Slasher PG almost always under 80 no matter what height and they are supposed to be ball handers as PGs. I guess i could understand a SG having less speed with ball but as of now most these type are pointless to use if you can just make a 99 speed 6'7 playmaker who can shoot dunk and layup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »