Home

Your guide for giving feedback to 2K

This is a discussion on Your guide for giving feedback to 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Your guide for giving feedback to 2K

With the pre-order games getting released tomorrow, first impressions are going to start pouring in and the beginnings of wish lists will begin to take shape, so i thought this would be a good time to remind people of some things. Let's get some perspective yo.

Some 2K devs do lurk this forum, so we are in a unique position of influencing the direction of the next iteration. I wanna talk about how we can turn that into a mutually beneficial relationship.

They listen. First and foremost we should be grateful for that, because a lot of big games don't have that. With that in mind, everybody in this forum is a representative of this community. We are all responsible. What is this community to 2K? It's a particular section of the 2K market that is probably regarded as "the hardcore guys". We are not the general public. We are not casual players. We're the most passionate consumers of the game. So we are able to provide a direct stream to the devs that is beneficial for them, and the fact that they listen to us is very beneficial to us, because it makes for a better product. Don't make the devs hate this place and leave. I've seen it happen to other games in the past. It happens. So lets cultivate the stream that connects this forum to the developers of the game itself.

What are some things we can be mindful of that can help that?
  1. Understanding. The devs work very hard, year in and year out. They start working on the next game as soon as the last one is released. They're not lazy. But they do have limited time and resources. The devs are humans that are given specific parameters and financial goals for the game to be made under. They're not trying to steal your money, they're trying to make a basketball game that the world will love. Remember that they're the ones engineering the game, they're not the big wigs that own the company, and they didn't invent the capitalist system. Lol. Be understanding. Don't put all your negativity out onto them.
  2. Respect. The mods have already acted on this recently, but... Show the devs respect. Appreciate their presence. It's obvious to some, but people forget that they are human. Imagine yourself in their shoes - are you going to listen to the guys that rag out on all your hard work? Or the guy who recognises the greatness of the game but has suggestions? Be smart about it.
  3. Vision. In case you haven't noticed, marketability has become the key point in the decision making process of the new features they add to the upcoming game. So when you suggest something, try and think about how to express the why part. Why would it be a good idea? What about it excites you? How could it be marketed? Give the devs a reason to put resources into it. Help them imagine the appeal.
  4. Enjoyment. Let's enjoy ourselves with the game and on this forum, because it's infectious! Good vibes create good vibes. The better the vibe here, the less "on guard" the devs have to be, and the more open direct the stream between us can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your guide for giving feedback to 2K

This needs to be the impressions thread, because I love the quick reminder in the beginning. Should be stickied, and maybe a thread title change to "Your guide for giving feedback to 2K - Impressions Thread".
Old 09-15-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

I don't know if it needs to be the impressions thread, but it needs to be seen
Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #4
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0

This could be sticky worthy.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Great post Barnsey

For reference, here's an Arena Correction Thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=890321

Heres the Art Thread (Though I feel we should change the name or open a new one to keep things constructive):

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=889739

Let me know if I missed one. These threads should stay active all year....give the dev team a clear place to look for feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 01:38 AM   #6
MVP

Here's the official body correction thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-new-post.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »