Home

**2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?**

This is a discussion on **2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: **2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
Ok so i have 2 going with OKC and New Nork. I want to do Washington but i'll have to see ( don't want to many ML's going on at the same time). I'm about to put Yao in the rockets and cause mayhem with him and harden. As for OKC i'm looking for a decent small foward, Gonna build around Russ and Victor. The knicks i honestly have no idea where i want to start with them. Played the cavs in the season opener, was down 27 but ended up losing by 10. The bench needs some deepness to it so maybe i'll start there. Game has been a blast so far.

If you looking for a decent SF to fill your position for your OKC squad, look into Demarre Carroll. I got him in a trading that didn't have me losing much at all. Really good three and D guy to compliment Russ and Vic.

Sent from my iPhone using TapTalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 PM   #66
Rookie

WebIndigo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Whoa, really? That's a sweet feature if it's true. Wouldn't have swayed me from going Steam (it's just a far superior system than Windows) but it's still a nice bit.

Look forward to seeing your designs on PC -- it's kinda a barren wasteland out here to far.
So I went through my entire browser history--fairly easy to do as this is a new computer--and I couldn't see anywhere that I read that. I quite literally may have dreamt it. In which case, I'm going to go ahead and buy off Steam now.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #67
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebIndigo
So I went through my entire browser history--fairly easy to do as this is a new computer--and I couldn't see anywhere that I read that. I quite literally may have dreamt it. In which case, I'm going to go ahead and buy off Steam now.
Hey, that was a good dream. Be proud of that dream, maybe it'll be reality one day.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebIndigo
Maybe we have had the same dream because I'm pretty sure I've read that about a month ago lol

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 09-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #69
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
Okay, so I just ran a mock simulation in MyLeague and simmed all the way to the ASW.

Some glaring issues that have not been fixed:
  • Players re-signing extensions way too early and cheaply. Some examples include Mirotic re-signing for 3yr/$16.23M, George Hill re-signing for 2yr/$12.30M, Andrew Bogut re-signing for 3yr/$3.07M
  • Still questionable trade logic. Examples: Bulls trade Robin Lopez & Tony Snell to the T'Wolves for Pekovic & Aldrich
  • There are 5 current assistant coaches named 'John Smith'
  • Most Improved Player Award is still not functioning correctly. Currently Jeremy Lin is leading the race after averaging 16 PPG, 6 APG & 1.6 SPG. I mean he has averaged similar stats in the past (during his short Knicks tenure) so you wouldn't really say he "improved".
In a world where Timofey Mozgov is making $64 million...Andrew Bogut wants $3M.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Players are re-signing for midseason dirt cheap.

Made a expansion team and drafted Patty Mills and D. Montejunas. Both were willing to re-sign 3 year deals for the minimum mid-season. WTF.

Bogut was also willing to re-sign for the minimum.

Draft logic is even worse than last year and is ruined by trades.

Went into the draft and basically every lottery pick was traded at the draft either before the pick or after the pick.

The Raptors took the #5 ranked prospect 1st overall and then packaged him with Patrick Patterson for the #5 overall pick (and nothing else) when the #5 pick came up. WTF. They literally took someone #1 and then packaged him with a good player to move down to #5.

The Heat picked someone 2nd overall and then packaged him with a future 2nd round pick for the #8 pick.

When I came up to pick at #16, 2 teams offered me the player that they just picked in the late lottery straight up for my pick.

I might be waiting for a patch before starting my MyLeague for real.

EDIT: In total, 10 of 15 lottery picks (15 due to expansion) were traded at the draft, including 6 of the first 8 picks.

Last edited by injyjs; 09-17-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #71
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by injyjs
Players are re-signing for midseason dirt cheap.

Made a expansion team and drafted Patty Mills and D. Montejunas. Both were willing to re-sign 3 year deals for the minimum mid-season. WTF.

Bogut was also willing to re-sign for the minimum.

Draft logic is even worse than last year and is ruined by trades.

Went into the draft and basically every lottery pick was traded at the draft either before the pick or after the pick.

The Raptors took the #5 ranked prospect 1st overall and then packaged him with Patrick Patterson for the #5 overall pick (and nothing else) when the #5 pick came up. WTF. They literally took someone #1 and then packaged him with a good player to move down to #5.

The Heat picked someone 2nd overall and then packaged him with a future 2nd round pick for the #8 pick.

When I came up to pick at #16, 2 teams offered me the player that they just picked in the late lottery straight up for my pick.

I might be waiting for a patch before starting my MyLeague for real.
^You might need to wait a few years, man. Every year they say there's improve AI, team building, and trade logic for the CPU franchises in MyLeague -- and I don't doubt there are improvements -- but never, ever are they capable of being left to their own devices.

30 team control (or more if you do expansion teams) is a minimum for the mode and the way they allow global roster edits, as well as being able to toggle through teams without having to leave the menus and switch squads, is a concession to that in my mind.

Operating 1-team in a 30+ team MyLeague just can't be done -- I'm not sure any franchise mode is capable of that, really, the computer just gets things so messed up sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #72
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Have a presentation problem with the expansion teams,

Home and away games i dont get the pregame (Kenny,EJ,Shaq, even lineups just goes straight to jumpball) and no halftime or post-game show

Anyone else experiencing this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »