Home

NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2016, 05:26 PM   #121
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I've noticed that the freelances feel slower this year because of the new contact engine, AI players get stuck on defenders while trying to get to their spots and stalls the offense
They can be super slow at times because of all the contact. I've gotten about 20 three second volations because the contact keeps my player from moving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #122
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
They can be super slow at times because of all the contact. I've gotten about 20 three second volations because the contact keeps my player from moving.
Yep. A few times Ive seen my guy get 3 second violations ebcause he got stuck in contact animations.

But the contact stuff is more than worth it. They'll iron it out.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #123
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Give the ball to Harden, GTFO the way!

But for real, 4-out is really simple, but it keeps good spacing and it has shooters in the corners at all times for easy drive and kick opportunities. You could also run 2-man with Harden and Capela. Should be a deadly P&R combo when surrounded by shooters.
Using the real rosters, it can be a little challenging, as Capela can't shoot at all and a Nene hardly.

But I've been finding (in MyTeam) that Harden at PG is just OP. Virtually no PG (and no currently playing one) can stop Harden from posting up on him and post-spinning to a dunk or layup 60-80% of the time. But I'm also able to field lineups with credible 3-point shooters from 2-5, so I can just run 5-out and ISO Harden in a post-up from the elbow/high post.

With Capela, I think only alternative is like ThatMichiganFan says: P&R, with Capela rolling and Harden threatening a shot coming off the screen. With Nene, you maybe have the possibility to P&Pop. Or run a 4-Out with Nene on weak side and Harden ISO'ing/posting up, himself, on the strong side and, if he gets double-teamed, dish to Nene for the midrange shot or to drive for a dunk.

I generally prefer two-way guys, but Harden is a force of nature when he has the ball. Bulldozes smaller guards, and draws fouls like crazy if the other team can even get help into the paint. And if he's hot, he can bomb from outside reliably, as well.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 PM   #124
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah in typical Rockets fashion. Cal an iso for Harden at the top to get 4 along the baseline, then manually call up a PNR.

Then press the 'flail your arms around until you hear a whistle' button.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #125
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Anybody have thoughts on a freelance for bulls? Like IRL or best suited for their roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurrrr
Anybody have thoughts on a freelance for bulls? Like IRL or best suited for their roster.
Well, for Rondo - Wade - Butler - Mirotic - Lopez and the spacing that entails, I would imagine Triangle is most sound. Maybe Flex and Horns sets.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 1

what is the thunders freelance? and what is a good set for em?
Old 11-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Is there any way to prevent your weak side wing from cutting into the paint after the center rolls to the basket during a user-called pick and roll with the point guard/center?

I've tried running 4-out, 5-out, pace, and 7 seconds -- all set to space the floor -- but my weak side wing keeps cutting into the paint when I want him to stay spotted up outside the three point line instead.

I could have sworn that this didn't happen last year, and it's super frustrating having this cluster of three players (point guard, center, wing) all running into the paint while I'm using what's supposed to be a spread freelance offense.

The only workaround I've found so far is that if you call for the pick and roll while standing at the top of the key, then the weak side wing will just rotate up and fill that top of the key position after the roll. But I prefer to start my pick and rolls from the wings, and any time I do that, the weak side wing always cuts to the basket after the roll man arrives at the rim.

I feel like the space the floor setting should be stopping that weak side action from happening, and it should only happen if you are set to motion cuts or scoring actions. Hopefully this is something that can be addressed in an update?
I finally captured a perfect illustration of this problem at 7:01 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8yV...outu.be&t=7m1s

Stephen Curry is wide open from three but he cuts into the paint simply because I started my pick and roll on the wing.

This happens consistently with every 4-out and 5-out freelance offense this year, even when you have it set to space the floor.

I actually wish there was an "NBA Live 14" setting for freelance offenses that just has everyone standing around in their designated spot unless they are told by the user to cut to the basket.

That would help a ton online, since people tend to move their defenders all over the court and out of position, which often causes your offensive players to cut to the basket instead of standing in an open spot.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-09-2016 at 03:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »