Home

NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #161
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
playbook.
say, the current rockets playbook runs 4-1. before game start go to settings and change to classic suns playbook. the rockets will run 7-seconds on freelance.

well, the plays also change then. so if u wan retain the current plays, add them back manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 11:33 PM   #162
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown
This is not for MyCAREER gameplay, I suppose?

i should have clarified. i'm only playing the offline myleague mode and it works.

if i understand the mycareer mode correctly, u shouldnt be able to do that.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:07 PM   #163
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Anyone have any idea if Kenny Atkinson is runnning the Hawks swing(or any Swing) set with the Nets now? I know the offense is based on getting guys open on three and ball movement. I'm just not sure, until Czar scouts them, what offense they're running this year now.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #164
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Just a quick comment to say that if you have not checked out the OP recently, there's some new content there.

Czar has a noice Knicks freelance video, and I love the new Knicks freelance. Nice spacing and Hornacek's pick and roll. Coupled with the new Knicks playbook there's lots of opportunity to create mismatches for a stretch 4 like KP.

Mr. NBA 2K did a nice video on Princeton Chin with space the floor to create user give and go's and basket cuts manually, with a couple of recommended plays to match.

For 2K newbies just learning the game and feeling overwhelmed by how to run an offense, understand plays or use freelances, Czar has a good introduction video for people new to the game that I've linked in red in the OP. And even some semi experienced players may learn a thing or two about how to use, say, freelance motion cuts effectively.

Now that the recent patch 1.06 and some tuning updates have helped with player movement so that freelances and plays work better, the content in this thread is becoming more useful to get the most out of the game.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #165
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

I found another one to add. It's a pretty good intro to Swing offense in motion cuts.

Check the OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 08:24 PM   #166
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

the rockets freelance was changed from 4-1 to 3-2. should i update here or no need?

prior to patch, i changed the playbook to classic suns for the rockets and the freelance was 7 seconds. after the patch, it was changed to 3-2. so to clarify the previous doubts, patch update does impact the existing game modes.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #167
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
the rockets freelance was changed from 4-1 to 3-2. should i update here or no need?

prior to patch, i changed the playbook to classic suns for the rockets and the freelance was 7 seconds. after the patch, it was changed to 3-2. so to clarify the previous doubts, patch update does impact the existing game modes.

If you have time to update I'd be glad to post it. That's the idea of a wiki anyway, to stay up to date if we can manage it.

On another note, just for the thread in general, I am finding that floppy plays still break down at a high rate even after the recent patches and updates. Your shooters still get hung up by contact under the basket and can't get free to find their spots on the perimeter, so the shot clock runs out or you get a 3 seconds turnover.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #168
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I am finding that floppy plays still break down at a high rate even after the recent patches and updates. Your shooters still get hung up by contact under the basket and can't get free to find their spots on the perimeter, so the shot clock runs out or you get a 3 seconds turnover.
Yeah all the floppy variations I've tried this year have basically been a free shot clock violation/three second violation for the defense because of the new off-ball physicality animations that were added for 2K17.

This becomes a major problem if you're trying to use playbooks like Golden State or Minnesota that only have floppy style three point plays and don't have any "quick" plays or "hawk" plays, both of which do tend to work well for freeing up shooters, so long as the shooter doesn't have to run underneath the basket before cutting back outside. It's the plays where the shooter has to run under the rim or cut along the baseline that are broken right now, which includes pretty much every floppy variation.

It is funny how the Warriors playbook is the most expensive one to purchase in MyTeam based off that team's reputation alone, because it's practically worthless for generating open three point shots due to its collection of broken floppy plays. This year, you're much better off using a playbook that primarily consists of "quick" and "hawk" style three point plays, since those are currently the most effective ones in the game.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-27-2016 at 07:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »