Home

NBA 2k17 MyLeague: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 MyLeague: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #49
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k17 MyLeague: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Hey Sapp (or anyone else who has done some testing), what have you seen regarding badge progression? I haven't done any real testing but from simming a few years it looks like it's very minimal again, at least in comparison to the base rosters. To me, it looks like rookies need to be given just about all the badges you want them to wind up with at their peak.
I haven't tracked it, but I'm in 2025 of a MyLeague sim and that's my impression.

Badge growth is more minimal and incremental, but that may also be related to the relative lack of new superstars entering the league. A few years in, you don't find many new 90+ guys without manual intervention, and the ones that are there gain maybe 3-4 badges from where they started as rookies. For stars, my impression is maybe half or less of their rookie bronze badges become silver or gold at peak.

That's different from the league as it stand in 2016 for 2K. Players with less than A potential maybe gain a badge or two, from what I see anecdotally.

I have to repeat though, I have tested and tracked absolutely none of this. I could be pretty wrong.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #50
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I haven't tracked it, but I'm in 2025 of a MyLeague sim and that's my impression.

Badge growth is more minimal and incremental, but that may also be related to the relative lack of new superstars entering the league. A few years in, you don't find many new 90+ guys without manual intervention, and the ones that are there gain maybe 3-4 badges from where they started as rookies. For stars, my impression is maybe half or less of their rookie bronze badges become silver or gold at peak.

That's different from the league as it stand in 2016 for 2K. Players with less than A potential maybe gain a badge or two, from what I see anecdotally.

I have to repeat though, I have tested and tracked absolutely none of this. I could be pretty wrong.
For what it's worth, that sounds exactly like what I've observed. I'm willing to bet it's pretty accurate.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #51
Rookie

Any update in regards to the early bird right issues that keeps LeBron from signing with the Cavs and the attribute issues of players being too low in 5 years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #52
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHossRadbourn
Any update in regards to the early bird right issues that keeps LeBron from signing with the Cavs and the attribute issues of players being too low in 5 years?
I haven't heard about the first question one way or another. I'm on XB1 so I don't have the patch, but I'm pretty sure that superstar progression issues in MyLeague are not yet addressed.

I say that because:
  • some people who have the patch are saying they see no MyLeague changes
  • Leftos only responded to my thread on that issue a couple of weeks ago, and by then, this patch had to be almost done. 2K submits patched to PSN and Microsoft about a week before PSN releases if I recall correctly, so there would not have been enough time for 2k to get any fixes from Leftos tested and approved in time for this one.
  • When Leftos did respond, he talked about hoping to get a tuner into a future patch that would allow them to tweak player training in the future without a patch, but he didn't suggest or promise anything about the next patch (which is this 1.04 that just went out). Based on that, I never expected anything in this patch. Just not enough time on the dev and patch approval side.
The possible good news for the superstars in five years issue is it's really a draft class algorithm issue, and Leftos did say that could be tweaked with a roster update. So it's possible that could just go out without a patch and we would not notice. That said, I've been running an active MyLeague file and I have not seen any differences in the classes for the number of guys with 90+ potential. So I still recommend making the manual edits until further notice.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 10-12-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #53
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I think I've found another quirk. The expansion teams in my league have staff with expired contracts--it appears to be the same staff they were initially assigned. For some reason they haven't needed or been able to sign new staff or renew the contracts of their existing staff.

Important: this is only for teams added in later years. The expansion teams added from the outset are operating just fine.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #54
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Is the ability to choosw your first, second and third scoring option out the game this year? If so then how can your make the stars play like stars? Just edit the touches?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #55
Rookie

bhzmfia14's Arena

OVR: 1

Trying to be prevent from making a thread about this, but --

Can someone please explain the online MyLeague this year? The Keeper system and why we are not able to have a regular off-season similar to the offline MyLeague?

Last night was the first time I checked it out and saw a completely different set up.

No bidding on players in free agency?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »