Home

NBA 2K17: Reviewer First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Reviewer First Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17: Reviewer First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
"the game looks better with more varied body types"

dude you made my day lol these people are blind! What are they smoking..

Last edited by 2kbuddha; 09-18-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #34
Rookie

I've only been playing exhibition games to get a feel for the game. Started at all-pro difficulty and now I'm on superstar. My first game on superstar I lost in OT by two points. It felt fair though so I don't mind losing as long as I don't feel the cpu cheated.

My only complaint so far is the clipping is still really really bad in this game. I know all games have clipping but when it can affect the gameplay for example, if a defenders arm clips through the ball, then that's an issue because if the physics worked properly, then the ball should have been tipped. But other than that, I think this year I'll dive deep into MyLeague offline.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #35
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm enjoying this game right now. I like how effective ACE is, when the CPU go on runs it feels natural. A few menu gripes I have though. When checking team stats within a game it seems you can't see the points scored for a individual quarter. When editing attributes in edit player you can't see the overall rating go up or down. Lastly, the adjustments during timeouts don't stay.

It's taken me a minute to get used to the new art direction but I've warmed up to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
"the game looks better with more varied body types"

Nail on the head!! Too many malnourished players!! Way too skinny!
Old 09-18-2016, 09:07 PM   #37
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

The CPU doesn't miss wide open shots at all almost , I gotta play better defense
Old 09-19-2016, 01:52 AM   #38
Rookie

s.bitar74's Arena

The game overall is very good, the game play has improved.
- i loved the league expansion, I didn't play it yet, but I surfed it & liked the options given.
- My career, I hate the story lines they give every year, as it is never related to me, my career mode should be the most dynamic & customised than any other modes. We are now stuck with a story line that u are not related to. You can bare some of this if you are at least drafted by your favourite team, but it is never the case. Then you are stock with the animations that is so stupid, every time you have to do an activity in the day you have to watch your player entering & leaving mycourt, then you get stuck with animations that you are not in control, I was stuck in a shooting drill from across the court simply by accepting the invitation when I was shooting across the on the other basket.
They are destroying the mode by the story line, where I belive it has to be based on challenges then a story line,to enter the draft you should do so & so, to be drafted by your favourite team you should get so & so in a drill test or avarage a number of points, ...... I don't know, I am losing interest in this mode.
- there is improvement in animations but the body types are horrible looking, plus I am not sure if any one noticed that the ripped option doesn't work anymore. Shoes are much improved.

Please 2k, give us my career to be really mine & not Spike lee's or MBJ'so
Unfortunately I am switching to my league
Old 09-19-2016, 04:01 AM   #39
Banned

emmanuelk1's Arena

for no this are some suggestion that in my opinion make the game more detailed.

In-Game.

-Full replay for every highlights.
-Towels and towel boys.
-Away fans celebrating. Put more colors on crowd it looks dead with the home team color ways only.
-Injured teamates in suite seating in the bench.
-Realistic passing animation when driving to the basket.
-Small window showing the coach being interviewed while playing in the start of the 2nd half.
-Fix the slo-mo animation when driving to the basket, specially when dunking.
-Players arguing during hard fouls.
-Players wearing random sneaker colors just like in real nba games.
-Fix the players looking the other side while inbounding.
-Fix players that are skinny.(Durant,Wiggins etc.
-Players helping team mates to get up when they fall down.
-Halftime report should replay only highlights instead of random clips and the panel discussing the play whether its a defensive or offensive plays.
-Update every Nba players hair.

My Career.

-Nba players Hair style, head shape and body type should be available for customising My Player.
-Baggy clothes should be available especially the jerseys in My Store.

peace!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:48 AM   #40
Just started!

Is anyone else having major issues with AI defense in transition or even after a score? The opposing PG stands near the sideline as I'm bringing the ball up the court as if the basket were in the corner. In transition I've seen multiple instances of defenders being in horrible position (as with the previous example), but still in a crouch and reacting to their assignment. Also having issues with defenders not closing out on shooters, on a pindown/zipper type action for instance my defender will fight through the screen and either just stand there or get into a crouch and close out extremely slowly as his man runs out to the perimeter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »